Friday, March 27, 2009

Race Day preview

Tonight's blog is brought to you by: ellediva ....Have you got your Travel wipes clutches? "Where would I be on race day without my travel wipes clutch?" -TDK
Order yours today....Contact flickthis for more information.

The Race-Charlottetown Bluefin 5K Fun Run/Walk

Competitors: Tdiscadmiral (questionable)
Tdisckree
Tdiscpye(questionable)
Tdiscgreggy (out)

Injury Report: Tdiscadmiral (groins)
Tdisckree (calf)
Tdiscpye (foot)

Predictions:Tdiscadmiral- I feel at times I can be a strong runner, but I have difficulty pacingmyself . My teammates know I don't enjoy being the pace bunny. I'mgoing to really miss tdiscgreggy.I see all members of tdisc finishing in the top 30.
Tdisckree-I will expect the unexpected. This is my first running race ever so I don't really know what it'll be like. I will use the Admiral as a pace bunny off the start probably, but will have a backup plan cause he'll probably be looking to use me as a pacer. Either way, I expect tidiscpye, myself, and Admiral to leave out of the gate together for probably the first couple k. From there I don't know what will happen. Despite our team having high expectations for the up-coming season, I don't see use being on the podium at the end of the day. I do however expect the Admiral to put a scare into the top 10 and maybe finish somewhere between 8-10. For myself, I'd like to be in the top 1/3 of the competitors. A place in the top 25 would be a major moral victory because it is so early in the season and this may be my weakest discipline within the TRI.
Tdiscpye- I expect to be nervous out of the gate and have will have a quick decision to make early...kill myself and hang on to the boys or ease my way through my first race. There will be a lot of feeling out going on at the start but as soon as we get passed then it is do what u have to do to catch that person. I predict the admiral under 21 minutes...tdisckree under 22 minutes and me under 24 minutes. Not sure where that will put us. Tdiscgreggy-my predictions is at km 4.2 the admirals catches kree and it will be a sprint finish.

Comments

Tdiscadmiral-I have no idea what to expect this coming saturday. I havn't felt thatgreat the last couple of days since our weights workout on wednesday. Today might actually be the worst. It's a struggle to sit downsometimes (I hate lunges).I agree with tdisckree's statment when he said that the three of us willrun with each other to begin the race. After that "ROLL THE DICE" Ithink anything can happen. Something the fans don't know: "THIS IS A ONE TIME SHOT" There are going to be photos taken during the race. Since this is ourfirst race TDISC rookie cards can be purchased at the finish line. Therace committee has set up a special booth for us to sign autographs. Don't worry, tdiscgreggy's card can also be puchased. He ran a race 2weeks ago. Thanks for the support. Enjoy the race!
Tdisckree- I had pasta at East Sides today for lunch. I have felt good the pastfew weeks and will be aggressive heading into the race. However, I havebeen suffering from a sore left calve all week and haven't been able toshake it. It won't cause me to scratch now, but could be very soreduring and after the race. Something the fans don't know :This will be the first and last race for my Asics black runners. They've got me through 200 days of training and I will retire them afterthe race. I will be heading to Hasham's next week after I get paid. They will be retired and put in a glass case that will eventually be theTDISC memorobilia shrine. A pair of the Tdiscpye's yingfa's will alsobe retired and placed in the shrine as well as the Admiral's broken bikeseat from spin class, and a pair of greggy's goggles.
Tdiscgreggy-I am scratched from tomorrow’s race
Tdiscpye-- I am extremely nervous but at the same time extremely excited for tommorow's race...I kinda have that same feeling I had before I went to Japan. Fear of explosion may be enough to hold me back just to finish with a decent time.

Race numbers:Tdiscadmiral- 1
Tdisckree- 14
Tdiscpye-56

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"It hurts up to a point than it doesn't get any worse." -Ana Trason

3 comments:

  1. Wow..thanks for the shout-out TDP. I will be participating (hopefully) in the race tomorrow along with mini-me..haven't decided if it's going to be a run or walk for us though. Good luck to Tdisc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where does the race start and end, and what is the start time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's at UPEI at 10:30

    ReplyDelete