Saturday, March 14, 2009

Separated Saturday

It was my first day of training since the first of march when I left for Japan. It really felt like I hadn't worked out in 2 weeks. My goal was a half an hour of running....I accomplished that but....not before a few pit stops. It was a real cleanser of a run. I started out with shin splints about a km in then it led to tight hip flexors and then my stomach turned. Although I felt really poor...it was great to get back to training...I feel much better tonight and I hope to feel a bit better tommorow.
Tdisckree and Tdiscadmiral opted to run 10k outside and then Tdiscadmiral followed it up with a swim. Tdiscadmiral is leaving today for a one week vacation in Minnesota. We wish him all the best this week and hope he gets well rested. If anyone deserves a rest on this team it's the admiral. Have a good trip admiral!
As most of u have heard...there was a 5k race for easter seals in charlottetown today. Tdisc decided to send it's captain...Tdiscgreggy. Tdiscgreggy ran a strong race finishing in a time of 20min40sec. Congratulations Captain Tdiscgreggy! I haven't had a chance to get all the details but I'm sure I will find out more in the days to come.
Today while making a my weekly stroll through the market I ran in to a few Tdisc fans. It's always great to stop and answer questions about Tdisc. I'd just like to give a shout out to the Peters sisters....Tdisc appreciates each and every one of our fans.
In a way of getting myself back into training shape...I will not opt for a sunday off day...I have a light bike and a swim planned for tommorow. I'm happy to be back around the team again...hopefully I can be back into training shape shortly.

till next time,
Tdiscpye

"You can live opposite of what you profess,
but you cannot live opposite of what you believe.”- Dallas Willard

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Shout out Pye....it made my day!

    ReplyDelete