Friday, March 13, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I arrived on the island at noon on friday. I felt good to get back home...especially after the long day of traveling. I didn't cope with my jetlag very well...I hit couch at 2 and slept till 11 now i'm wide awake at midnight.
When I arrived home I immediatly shifted focus from my trip to Tdisc. My main goal for the next few months is to get myself ready for may 31. My diet and training took a major beating but starting tommorow...all that changes. The next week could possibly be the toughest week of my training since I started. Being mentally fragile doesn't help...but having a strong team does. I look forward to tommorow...where the journey to MIT'10 continues....
Today's workout consisted of 2 of the big 4 members. When asked about today workout Captain Tdiscgreggy had this to say."T.Disc was short handed but took things to the next level today! The last two of the big four did not have their ying fas for 8 hours before they were on and in the pool. There was a comment made from loyal morning swimmer that it was the fastest lap the Admiral ever swam. Another on looker noticed that when the Admiral and Captain greggy walked into the CARI pool with towels over the shoulder, even the swim classes stopped for a moment to get the first peak of these two physical specimens.
“It felt great, it was like I was swimming in the nude.” Greggy
“It was so comfortable I feel nothing can hold me back now, Watch out freddy beach” Admiral
With a 25 minute hard bike, followed by a nice half hour swim. The Admiral and T.Discgreggy had a great Friday workout. Last night the admiral was not impressed with the size of the Ying Fas, and was convinced they were a youth. (which could very much be true) And called TDK and said he quit the triathlon. I was not expecting him to be eager to get them on, but I was 30 seconds behind him to the change room and he already had them on in the change room doing some warm up squats without a shirt on, followed by push ups. When I questioned this activity he said “got to looked jacked in the Ying Fas”. But what really surprised me was when there was no towel around the waist like TDK but just over the shoulder as he led us out to the pool. It reminded me of a hat I used to wear in grade 6 that read “NO FEAR” It was a great workout even though we were short handed.
Happy Friday and can’t wait for tomorrow.
Tdiscgreggy

P.S. Welcome back T.Discpye!"


I'm not sure what tommorow is going to bring. Look forward to finding out though....

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"The only one who can tell you 'you can't' is you. And you don't have to listen" ~ Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment