Monday, January 26, 2009

mind games

When I signed up for Tdisc back in the fall of '08 I expected this to be very challenging on the body. I never underestimated that part at all...however I did underestimate how hard it would be on the mind. I've never been a part of something that I have wanted to quit doing as often as this. At least once a week I wake up saying..."I just don't think I can do it." Excuses creep in like I am just to heavy....or I don't have the time. For others it's they just can't afford it. Poor Tdiscadmiral had to swim at the spa because $3 for a swim at cari just wasn't in the budget. He just didn't have a stray toonie and a loonie. Thanks to Tdiscgreggy and christmas we are now swimming at cari. Today is one of those days where I just wanted to quit. For personal reasons tdisc decided to go on there own today. For me it was no good because I was left with another rest day. ie. free time to think about quitting. I came home for supper after work to find the outside door wasn't shut tight, I went to close the bathroom door and it wouldn't close. So I decided to cook some supper...I turned on the tap to soon find out that our drain was froze. Great I thought...I guess i'll have the macaroni that mom sent home for Tdisckree...so I went to grab a fork....but guess what... pretty well all our dishes were dirty. I proceded to put the macaroni back in the fridge and get myself a green tea...in a large glass and go watch compass. When sitting there this is what went through my head. Frig Tdisc....frig the blog...frig the fanpage....this house...etc. So I got up and started surfing the web. I happened to come across a couple comments about the blog and the fanpage. Fans singing praises about Tdisc. Then I came across a quote..."It's been quite a roller coaster ride, but I've grown and learned a lot about myself. The greatest thing is being able to interact with fans and touch people's lives... for that I give thanks. " I then stood up....with the furnace just a howling....called Tdisckree and told him to bring home milk....put the wet clothes in the dryer...sat back down in the chair...stretched and then began to blog.
Tdisc did not address the media today...so I don't have much info to give on the team. However I will discuss my situation.
I'm really struggling with the fact that i'm the weakest link on Tdisc. I just feel like i'm not progressing enough to begin my triathlon career in Fredericton. I know i'm eventually going to do one...but i'm not sure if I can get myself where I need to be to start with the team on July 5. I don't know if my team wants me there because it would be better to do as a group or if it would comfort them knowing they at least won't finish last. There is no doubt in my mind that Tdisc will become a force to be reconned with....I just don't know when or who or how many.
Tdisc has been toying with the idea of expansion...and if so then how many? The big 4 has been torn on this subject. It is a hot topic that needs to be addressed in the near future. Were looking for a little feedback from u the fans. What direction would u like to see Tdisc go in. The poll will be posted in the right hand column.
It's been one of those days for me....time to go get ready for the morning. Hopefully tommorow is one of those other days.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

“The bottom line is that blogging is like sex. You can’t fake it. You can’t fake passion. You can’t fake wanting to engage with the public. If you do, it will ultimately be an unsatisfying experience for both the blogger and their readers.” -Kevin Anderson

2 comments:

  1. BUDDY! You just gotta keep on keeping on...seriously. Do it for the neighborhood, this here old man needs som'in to believe in!

    Round house...(kick to your FACE)... Blair

    (p.s. can I get a leg a beef up here?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tdiscpye,

    Don't be so hard on yourself! You bring joy and hope to the lives of many people though your hard work in the pool, on the road, in the saddle...and most importantly through this blog. Some days I don't know if I can drag myself out of bed in the morning....but I do..in the hope that there will be a new blog entry by tdisc...that and the fact that I have to take care of my 6 month old child...anyways, enough about me. Stay strong. Please keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete