Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tdiscadmiral holds off a tired field for first win in '09

I woke up this morning very tired. With a bumped up workout to 6:30 meant a wake up call at 5:45. I struggled to get to sleep before midnight leading to less than 6 hours sleep. combined with the heavy workload of the past week made me very fatigued. I felt very heavy leading into the run. We started the race off with in 1st position tdiscadmiral, 2nd was me, 3rd was tdisckree, and 4th was an absent tdiscgreggy. 4 laps in Tdiscgreggy comes through the door and joins the run. The positions stayed the same until about the 12 lap mark when tdiscadmiral decided to test the field by raising the speed... the positions changed to tdiscadmiral, tdisckree, tdiscgreggy, and then me. I think it was around the 20 lap mark when tdisckree decided to pit and release some dead weight. In hind sight the slow pit took him out of contention. At the halfway point I decided to switch directions to change things up....Tdiscadmiral opted to stay in one direction in order to putt more time between him and the field. This is when a very controversial moment happened. Tdiscgreggy (sitting in 3rd and on tdiscadmiral's heels) bent down to tie his undone shoelace. Tdiscgreggy looked up to see the Tdiscadmiral turn it on and pull away. By the time he was back up he had put a half lap between the 2 of them. Tdiscadmirals next goal....lap tdiscgreggy. He never could accomplish that goal but put it in cruise control and took the victory.

1st-Tdiscadmiral
2nd-Tdiscpye
3rd-Tdisckree
4th-Tdiscgreggy

All members had a chance to meet with the media after. Tdisckree was the first to step to the podium and refering to Tdiscadmiral he had this to say. "Last night was a full moon. My dad has told me and others on several occassions that he can tell when a bull or any other animal is gonna go nuts. He says there is a certain look in their eye. He can't explain it but says you know when you see the look. Boys, I shoulda come right out and warned yas this morning when I saw that look in the Admirals eye on lap 1 when he took to the front and set his watch.

Next up was Tdiscgreggy. Rumblings were going around about Tdiscgreggy being upset about Tdiscadmiral useing public embarrassment as a way of punishing him for being late. Tdiscgreggy took his time to appologize and clear the air. "I was a little late and I apologize for that. It was a good tough run, solid pace. Today as I watched the admiral pick up the pace when I stopped to tie my shoe, it brought back night mares of our September bike ride when I was left in the dust. I have been revaulating my performance today, and I needed to be left behind today because it put me back in place and shows me how much more work is needed."

Tdiscadmiral released a short statement than proceeded to the showers. "To all T.Disc members,I just want to apologize for brining the team down on monday. I did not want to be there. I thoroughly enjoy sleeping in on mondays and getting ready for the busy week ahead. Sometimes in life there are sacrafices that one needs to make. I have realized that this is one of them. Just a side note: I was not trying to lap Tdiscgreggy today, I needed to make up for yesterdays performance. "

It was on the way to the showers when the fireworks happened. Tdiscadmiral was confronted by a reporter about his lack of leadership lately. Before u knew it they were face to face pushing by the pool windows. Eventually tdiscadmiral was restrained by bob and mathew. While they had him pinned up against the window he let out a profanity laced tirade. Followed by the following statement. "Your messing with the wrong guy....u don't want to mess with me...i'll tell you what....fredericton....july 5...you and I have a date with my victory speech. Don't miss it!"

The team seems to be improving but it's coming at a price. The integrity of the team. After talking to a few members it looks as though a more positive performance will come tommorow.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"The trouble with the rat race is that even when you win, you're still a rat."-Lily Tomlin










No comments:

Post a Comment