Saturday, January 24, 2009

System Shocked!

Tdisc has completed there first of many indoor sprint triathlon trial runs. For the most part it went pretty well. We recieved a lot of friction on the track with fans but they were just a few obstacles that we hurdled today. I couldn't count on both hands the amount of people that got T'd up. The biggest sign of respect came at the TTF when they pulled the lanes out of the pool, but then quickly realized we were Tdisc so they put them back in. One of the workers was quoted as saying "I'm sorry...we'll get these lanes back in for yas."
I personally felt pretty good...It's tough because my biggest strength is the bike and when doing the indoor mini's there is little focus on the bike. So my 2 and 3 events are what's drawing the most attention. I like it though...it really shows me where i'm at in those 2 events. As long as I don't retire doing them then I'll be alright. I like the quote..."what doesn't kill ya will only make you stronger."
Tdisc showed a lot of people today that were in it for the long haul. This isn't just a fairy tale story...it's an autobiography of our careers. Competition says see you at fredericton...we say meet us at mit '10.
Off day coming for the boys tommorow as we are on the road with hockey.
A house keeping note to inform yas of....Tdisc is proud to announce they have named Tdiscgreggy the first captain in team history. Congratulations Tdiscgreggy.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"I don't pretend to be a captain...weird. I just do what I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment