Thursday, September 17, 2009

The admiral reflects on the year that was

Finally.... Here it is. The year was full of ups and downs, headaches and heartaches and obstacles and milestones. I can't believe we made it this far.
Here are a few that first come to mind:

1. Getting a flat tire on the way home from brackley and seeing tdisckree driving right by me when coming to pick me up.

2. Wearing spandex for the first time in my life. I never thought I would ever do it...

3. Being accused by our spin instructor who is my wife for talking. Apparently your not working hard enough if you can still talk

4. Having tidsckree trying to throw me out of rhythm while swimming by jumping on top of me at the spa.

5. Being partnered with tdiscpye and finishing 6th in the Red Island Relay.

6. The day I was in Brudenell and biking with Tracey and Flicker. I got so far ahead I missed the turn by 5km. When I got back Tracey wanted to kill me and all Flicker said was "Hey man" with a big smile on his face.

7. Tdisckrees BUSH!!!!

8. Pye's emotional rollarcoaster

9. Hanging out in the sauna at the spa and watching Danny Carrager and other men hike the old leg up onto the stove.

10. Biking through Rustico like absolute mad men.

11. The blog hitting 10 000 in it's inagural year

12. Still being able to make it to the workouts while having to wait for tdiscgreggy to move his car in the morning. I like to be on time!!!

13. Waking up Tuesday mornings and thinking to myself who is going to win today.

14. Having all members of tdisc crossing the finish line in their first triathlon.

AND FINALLY!!!!!

15. Having to run ahead of everyone during one of our runs so I could sneak a crap without know one knowing.
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
_
HAHA JUST JOKING BOYS

The admiral

1 comment: