Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Rookie silences his Critics!

"I was done after 5." - The admiral

The journey to becoming a triathlete consists of many ups and downs. Yesterday for the rookie it was one of those down days as he entered the pool for the first time. Today he let the whole team know that he can bounce back...and he did on Admiral hill. Today was the single biggest thumping anyone has ever put on the Admiral. We did the hill 7 times and each time had the same result...the rookine pulling away at the 3/4 poll. I felt ok but there was no way I could hold for half of it...the pace was absolutely blistering.

The remainder of this week completely terrifies me! With coach tdisckree gone for the week we are left with noone to pull back on the horses. Today was really the first day that I felt the effect of last season and the tough start to camp. Today I couldn't even eat on my lunch break...I hit the couch,flicked on the price is right and shutter for the remainder of the lunch hour. I plan on a very low key night in order to give my body as much rest as possible before another tough workout tomorrow.

The mornings are becoming darker and cooler. It's hard to stay motivated some days when you have to turn the lights on to get ready and then head outside and it's raining. Today was one of those days! I stood at the bottom of the admiral hill and the rain was beginning to start and I thought to myself "Do I really want to do this all over again?" I battled with that question all day. As I sit here tonight I can answer that question. I want to do this all over again. It's a lifestyle that I don't think I can live without. My food addiction flared to the point of sickness today, but I feel like I can overcome it. I just need to stay away from mom and dad's fridge!

Tomorrow we go for a 7-8k jog followed by a weights circuit. It's hump day....

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"People who feel good about themselves produce great results." -Spence Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment