Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tdisc runs career high km's

Tdisc is proud to confirm that a tryout has been granted to Josh Patterson. He arrived on time on saturday for the run and did quite well. This officially makes us the biggest triathlete team in the world. Coach Tdisckree had this to say about the acquisition via a phone interview "I like what I see so far. As a coach I think he can ride shotgun with our big gun the admiral." Although he is sore it is expected that Josh will be at the ttf and on time Monday morning.


"I lubed up my feet for today's run" -The admiral

Instead of running out so many kilometers and then coming straight back we decided to get dropped off just shy of the Pownal rink and ran back to UPEI. It couldn't have been planned any better because at the halfway point we had the world famous "Cubag's Water Station" which includes water and juice boxes on ice.

As we got dropped off all the boys did a few stretches before we settled in for a the longest run of our lives. In the early going there was a little talk but at about the 2km mark everything was quiet. The boys were all thinking about what they had to do to make it 17km. The first half of the run was quite painful...it seemed like we climbed the whole way and by times it felt like I was going to get dropped. The turning point in my run came when I got the juice box at cubag's. It gave me the burst of energy that I needed. On behalf of Tdisc we'd just like to send out a huge Thank you to Cubag and Lindsay for best water station ever! It was about the point when we turned onto the Joe Ghiz strip that my training paid off. I felt great coming home, it was by far my strongest point of the run. Everyone ran well, and I have to tip my hat to the rookie and Tdiscgreggy for 17k without running hardly at all over the past couple of months.

It's been a really tough training camp this year. I'm really glad it's over but I don't expect to ease back that much. Tomorrow we have about a 7k run and a short circuit planned. Should be a good week!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Training is what you are doing while your opponent is sleeping in." ---Brian Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment