Friday, September 25, 2009

Tdisc meet and Greet postponed!

"That ruined my weekend" - The Rookie when he heard the BBQ was off.

The Tdisc meet and greet has being called off due to stress. We feel as though it has been a tough couple of weeks and it just may be too much pressure on our big gun. We have decided to go with a much lighter team breakfast following the 20k run.

Last night I went for a light 5k jog to try and loosen up a bit. I have felt really tight and sore the last few days. This morning I woke up with a really bad hip flexor. This really scares me considering I have 20k to run tomorrow.

The swim today was the hardest that i've done since my last triathlon. I did a mixture of warmup, drill, and cardio. I could hardly kick with my hip flexor but I still managed to swim pretty well. It was great to have tdisckree in the lane to push me into doing a few 200's. The rookie pieced together 2 lengths and the admiral swam and swam and swam. As it has become accustomary at the end of every swim the rookie races the admiral for one length...usually with his head out of the water. Today it was a dead heat.

Tomorrow is a big day for tdisc. It's another step in the direction of running a half marathon. This should be something.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." -Muhammad Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment