Saturday, September 19, 2009

End of a long week

As a team we really pushed the envelope this week. As we prepare for the 1/2 marathon we ventured out on a 18k run that was filled with heavy rain and wind. For me it was an absolutely miserable run...but at the end I'm glad I did it. I knew today was going to be a blistering pace and my goal was to hang on...and that's what I did...hung on for dear life. With the damp cool temperatures my knees began to get a little sore and my hand were numb for most of the run. We had a great water station stop at the admiral's which could be somewhat compared to cubag's. As we hit North River Rd. about 15k in my legs began to get tired. It's usually my lunges that go and then my legs...but it was vice versa today. I managed to stay with the boys...until the 200m dash to the line...YA we had a full on sprint! The rookie wowed the crowd by pulling away from the admiral at the end.

After the run we stretched, did a few abs and then went to the hot tub for an extended period of time. I just woke up from a short power nap and I'm not sure what it feels like to get hit by a truck...but I think at some point in time today I did get hit by one. My body is completely exhausted. I'm really looking forward to a rest day tomorrow and then it begins all over again. Tdisc got better this week...


Till next time,
Tdiscpye

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.”

No comments:

Post a Comment