Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday race day?

"This week is flying by"- The Rookie

"Today was one of the best overall workouts we have had. It is great to have our Coach back. I am so happy to be a part of T disc."- Tdiscgreggy "C"

"Great workout today team. I felt like I was gonna puke doing the pushups."
-Coach Tdisckree

Today was one of the best workouts we have put together since Tdisc was formed back in September of '08. Heavy rain this morning pushed us to the indoor track. It wasn't an easy thing to get by the group...the admiral scowled for a bit but finally gave in. The admiral prefers to get out on the open road and go hard. He doesn't run well on turns so it benefits the more agile Tdiscgreggy. With 2 laps to go in today's race the captain took off on turn 1 with the rookie on his heals. The admiral tried to react but the turn through him off stride. He settled in with Tdisckree and I and we cruised in 3,4,5 respectively. The captain hasn't been getting the press he deserves lately and today he let the admiral know "I'm still here big guy." The admiral was seen just nodding his head saying "next time...next time." Although I didn't have the sprint finish today I felt like I ran well. I had curry last night which kind of spooked me a bit but I didn't feel any effects of it during the run.

We followed up the run with a pretty tough weights/abs circuit. Although it wasn't a whole lot different than usual it still felt a quite a bit tougher. Again, I finished the abs workout trying to peel my head off the ground.

Tomorrow we are back in the pool. Just a reminder of the polls that are in the right hand column. Also, be sure to mark off Saturday September 26th at 3 o'clock for the Tdisc meet and greet bbq at the admirals.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Some men see things the way they are and ask, "Why?" I dream things that never were, and ask "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment