Friday, September 18, 2009

Eerily Quiet!

Today was almost like the calm before the storm. It was just a very uneventful day in the pool which was highlighted by a lengthy hot tub session. The rookie was much better after watching hours of youtube swim videos last night. The admiral was his usual self...just got in and swam hard. I felt great doing a mixture of sprints and drills. Without our captain and coach we lacked leadership and direction this morning. The topic of discussion in the hot tub was the admiral racing the people beside him. When asked if he did, the admiral responded "Ya I do...It pushes me."

Tomorrow is the scary part. Again, we will attempt to run the longest run of our lives. I've just finished mapping out our 18k route which consists of a water station at the admiral's. I was tired midweek but today I feel much better and ready for what's to come in the 18k. It terrifies me to be running alone with the admiral and the rookie. My goal is to survive.

1 more day to go....and remember to vote. 3 days left!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye



“I could sense all week that they were ready. They were like a Kentucky thoroughbred. They knew what was there.” -Dave Hoover

No comments:

Post a Comment