Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bull Patterson strikes again!

"The guy I used to work for called me bull." -Bull

I knew when I woke up this morning with a stitch in my side and tight hip flexors that I was in for a really long morning. I would put today's run right up there with the parlee beach triathlon. Maybe it's because I'm not a runner I don't know, but today was extremely painful. My body really began to shut down late in the run, I felt like I was dragging my legs just trying to keep pace. We did 21k in 1 hour 46 minutes on an extremely hilly route. The admiral and bull set the pace at the front which consisted of speed increases on the uphills. Tdisckree peaked over their shoulders while the captain and I hung on at the back.

It was the wadelin hill that the nickname was given to the rookie. Bull! It was that point in time in the run where he began to pull away on the uphills. He's like a bull, he just paws up the hills. His late push in the run was quite impressive considering he was battling Tdiskree chaffed nipples and bowls. He was tip toeing pretty quickly up through browns court.

We all went for team breaky following the run. When the lady came with the water and asked to take our orders there was a slight pause while everyone tipped up their glasses and drained all the water. The waitress...wondering what just happened said "I'll come back with a picture." "Even a couple pictures would be great" replied Bull. I could hardly even eat my body was so beat up. Bull doesn't know this but when he went to use the washroom the big 4 had a quick discussion about how good this sucker is going to be. We came to the consensus that he's going to be very good and he's going to make us good.

I look forward to the day off tomorrow. Much needed!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"The breeding programs for the bulls have improved significantly. The bulls are at a much higher caliber." -Chris LeDoux

No comments:

Post a Comment