Monday, September 7, 2009

Tdisc prepares for half marathon

A year ago 5k looked like a daunting task for me, but on Saturday we decided to run 15k. Prime example of how Tdisc changes lives. I was a little nervous of the length but I also knew how well I felt during some previous 12k runs. At about the 10k mark comment came out "The big fella is starting to breath a little heavier." I was breathing heavier but I still felt fine. It wasn't till the end that my legs began to get a little tired and my body started to feel the distance. In the end I enjoyed the run but i'm not sure if I would ever want to be a marathon runner.

Tdisc took the day off on sunday and went on our own for labour day Monday. It's always a bit tougher to do the runs without the team but today I was able to team up with Tdisckree for a 6-7k run followed by a short weights circuit.

Tomorrow were back in the daunting waters of the Cari pool at the TTF. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it...running gets hard on the body after awhile. Not sure what exactly what we will be doing in the pool but it is expected that we will have a full squad.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"The only one who can tell you 'you can't' is you. And you don't have to listen" - Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment