Friday, November 13, 2009

The admiral gets promoted

Friday is usually a day where we get to sleep in and start our workout at 7. Not this morning. There is a new swimming class that has started up for triathletes. Unfortunatly it starts at 6:30. So last night I talked to Tdisckree and Bull about it and we decided that we would give it a try this morning and go from there. Well...when I was leaving the gym I heard that dreaded sentence "You call and let the admiral know." When I called the admiral he was in the middle of changing a diaper...Shortly there after I informed him of the the schedule change. I took my profanity laced scolding like a man and moved on to prepare for the mornings swim.

The swim class this morning was awesome. We did roughly around 2k of up tempo swimming and kicking. At one point we were doing 100m sprints while breathing every 5th stroke. For those of you who have trouble breathing every 3rd stroke I really encourage you to try this. For those of you who don't swim...well stick you head under water until you feel like you can't do it anymore....wait a couple of seconds then breath. It was so uncomfortable but it was great for my breathing.

It was about halfway through the class when we got moved from 5 lanes to 3. That was when the coach pointed at the admiral "you...over with the big boys." It was a proud day for Tdisc.

Just a reminder...We are still accepting donations. No donation is too small....no donation is too big. P.S don't be surprised if you're watching compass some night and you see 5 santa's giving the weather.

Also...Tdisc is proud to announce that as of Nov. 15th we will be moving the headquarters back to where it all began 195 Blue Heron Lane.

Tomorrow we set out on a long run.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye



“Frustration is the first step towards improvement. I have no incentive to improve if I’m content with what I can do and if I’m completely satisfied with my pace, distance, and form as a runner. It’s only when I face frustration and use it to fuel my dedication that I feel myself moving forwards.”

- John “The Penguin” Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment