Saturday, November 21, 2009

Long week!

Scratches:Tdisckree (Monctonian)
Tdiscgreggy (wrist)

I knew the moment that I woke up this morning that I was going to struggle on the run. It was a long week and I don't think the 1500m of kicking in the pool yesterday helped at all. I dressed really warm this morning thinking that it was colder then it was. Big mistake...I realized that about halfway into the run.

Bull, the admiral, and I set out on about a 14k run. About 500 m into the run bull asked a very good question. "Whose idea was it to run 14k?" I was really hoping my chi running would kick in but it didn't. I battled from start to finish. By times I even contemplated walking. Bull Patterson was much more calm today but he was still quite worried about the time. We ended up cutting a bit off but not very much. I at one point had the jacket wide open...gloves in my pocket, and hat in my back pocket. As we finished everything was all calm until all of a sudden the admiral started yelling expletives and grabbing for his left shoulder. "Quick patty here...massage it...quick." awwww...roared the admiral as patty went to work on his shoulder. It was something to see. The admiral had an unexpected cramp in his shoulder as we finished the run.

Tomorrow is a much needed rest day.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Everybody is looking for instant success, but it doesn't work that way. You build a successful life one day at a time."

Lou Holtz

No comments:

Post a Comment