Monday, November 30, 2009

Bryan is back!

I had a great weekend away with the Holland College women's hockey team. I really had no idea what to expect going into this weekend. I had coached women once beore and swore i'd never coach women again. When asked by the captain if I would help out I immediately said no but changed my mind and said yes the next day. It was definately different but overall I really enjoyed it. We had lots of laughs. I'll never forget the first convo I had when I got on the bus. I turned around and asked the girl behind us..."who is our goalie?" "Aww...Pecker." she responded. "Pecker?" I asked. "Ya her name is Miranda but everyone knows her as pecker." I couldn't help but laugh.

Last night I had great intentions of getting up and going for a swim...even though the team was taking the morning off. However, when the alarm went off there was no thought at all about working out...just shut it off immediately and went back to sleep. When the alarm went off the next time I knew things just weren't right. Within the next hour I began showing symptoms. By 10 am it was official....Bryan was back! Here's a list of the symptoms in no particular order.
1. Food addiction flares
2. Feeling like quiting things
3. Doesn't phase me that I missed a workout
4. Don't feel like talking
5. Extreme highs and lows

I had my food addiction well under control going into the weekend. I hadn't eaten bread in over a month. Wow did that ever change. As I just finished eating my 3rd piece of garlic bread the captain asked "want half of this?" referring to another piece of garlic bread. With no hesitation I responded..."sure." It was a disaster!

I look forward to getting back with the team tomorrow. We have a big week ahead of us. Just a reminder there is only 12 days till the 1st annual Tdisc santa claus run. Anyone wanting to donate then please contact one of the Tdisc members. Thank you!

Till next time,
TDP

"Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege."
-John D. Rockefeller Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment