Friday, November 6, 2009

Tdisc pushes on

In fear of a fine I recieved a call from the admiral late last night letting me know that he wouldn't be there in the morning. At 5:20am this morning Captain Tdiscgreggy texted me to let me know that he had a doctor's appt. and wouldn't be able to make it as well. Tdisc had already approved the leave and neither really had to notify us but they did...so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding. We appreciated the gesture and proceeded with a small squad.

Last night I went to Ed fitness again. I haven't sweat that much since I ran the half back in the middle of October. It was a great circuit put on by bull, and coach Tdisckree. I'm really looking forward to doing it again next week.

This morning I woke up quite sore. I was really glad that we had a swim scheduled and not a run. Everything went smoothly in the morning and I arrived at the pool just before 7. As I was chatting with the boys in the changing room I opened my bag to get ready...No friggen trunks! I have no idea how I could possibly forget them but I did. "What are you going to do?" asked Bull. Before I could answer tdisckree replied "he won't go home...he'll just have to buy a new pair." He was right...so I had to go out to the front desk and purchase a new pair. "What size?" the lady at the front desk asked. Knowing I don't exactly have a swimmers body I replied with the usual answer that often brings on a snicker "the biggest you have." They were great trunks but $49 was an expensive swim.

The swim went well today. We went through an endurance workout that we recieved from our friends at swimplan.com. In total we did 1700m that took us roughly around 45 minutes. It was the hardest workout that I have done in the pool since the one we did on wednesday. Bull Patterson was doing everything he could to keep up and for someone new to swimming he was doing very well.

Tomorrow we have a 12k run followed by a much needed day off on Saturday.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Triathlon, from the outside looking in you can't understand it, and from the inside looking out you can't explain it."

No comments:

Post a Comment