Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Where's Bull?

I always know i'm early when I hit the lights and NR road and meet the yellow car(the admiral). Today was one of those days. As I arrived at the TTF I had to look twice as I noticed the captain pulling in the parking lot in front of me. He is really taking this $1 fine for being late seriously. In case you have not heard...Tdisc has decided to fine team members $1 if they are late. This will go into a pot that will be used for a team party at the end of the year. Tdisckree(work) was unable to come on the run...and Bull was yet to arrive. So we waited....and waited...issued the fine then had to leave. It was a low point having to leave a teammate behind but we thought bull never misses...something must have happened. Our run went very well. We ran for about 40 minutes at a moderate speed. Other then a few minutes cramps I for the most part felt great.

Much of the shower talk today concerned the one and only bull patterson. Shortly after this mornings workout the coach issued a statement regarding the rookie.

"I did recieve a text this morning from Bull Patterson. Sometimes my texts come in delayed. I recieved it at about 830 but the time it was sent was at 612am.

However, there is more serious news...Bull Patterson did arrive at TTF around 930 am. He was visibly sick. As coach of the team I am taking precautionary measures - Bull Patterson will go under quarantine for two days to ensure he doesn't have a swine flu. He stated that he had a violent case of "runners trots". Considering that runners trots aren't a sympton of the H1N1, then I believe the cause of his illness is food poisoning from a bad batch of "cottage cheese."

A further announcement will come at days end."

TDK - Coach and Health Officer of TDISC


The donations have begun to come in. If you'd like to help out in any way then please let one the tdisc members know or send a comment through the blog. Your help is greatly appreciated.

In a side note I'd like to welcome Anne Marie to the blog. She is the last member of the "adversaries" to cave in and begin reading the blog. I'm glad we can now put that barrier behind us and move forward.

Tomorrow tdisc hits the bike then followed by a swim.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give."
- Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment