Thursday, May 21, 2009

9 Days!

Wow...time flies...9 days till the RIR. I'm getting nervous just thinking about it...I hope it's an excited nervous but it could also be the thought of being alone in a 2 man kayak with the admiral. That's right! Tdisc2 will be racing next week in a 2man kayak. Yesterday Tdisc head office was sent confirmation that both teams have officially been guaranteed kayaks. Tdisc is ecstatic with the news!

Ok so last night I went for my first massage. Feeling a little uncomfortable would be a major understatement. So i'm sitting there and she gives me the news..."Most massage techniques are traditionally performed with the client unclothed. It helps to relax better." I'm not really sure I agreed with that. So I get up on the table and i'm laying there thinking to myself..."there's no way i'm going to stay awake...this is way to comfortable." So she started on my calves...hmmm...this feels pretty good. All of a sudden she started going to town on my calves with what felt like elbows...the pain was taking my breath away. "how do u feel" she asked. "Most pain i've ever been in" I replied. She laughed and continued. She nearly brought me to tears when she started working on my shoulders. I swear she gave me the german claw for like 5 minutes. I even contemplated roaring...but I kept Bryan at bay and worked on trying to breath. It was definitely an experience like none other. When I was leaving I ran into someone who I recognized from around the shop...I quickly let her know that it probably wouldn't be something that she should mention to my grandfather...or anyone else out there. I'm still sore but i'm feeling more relief in the areas she worked on. I'm glad I got it done.

I said I was going to talk about trying to balance my personalities...but i'm running out of blogging time so I'll try to make it quick. Basically for the winter there was a lot of Tdiscpye and Bryan. Lately i've been working on more Ryan time which usually bumps Bryan from the mix and eats into Tdiscpye time. Ya it's really complicated and deep...i'll have to make a special blog for it.

Ok so tonight i'll be going for a run and swimming after that. This morning I chose to sleep in ONLY because I have a my whole evening free. Tommorow may be a rest day for the team, however we may squeeze in a bike ride. The Rumor has been going around that Tdisc may race on Saturday. I'll work on getting confirmation on that.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living." -Gail Sheehy

1 comment:

  1. I have had many massages and never been told that I would feel more comfortable naked.. Was this like a Joey getting his pants hemmed on friends thing?

    ReplyDelete