Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hump day comes one day early

Hello fans.
It is my extreme honor and privilege to be your blogger tonight. This will definitely be my first and last one. This will be short and sweet.

As you all know I am a school teacher. School has started to get a little hectic lately. I teach alt-ed and it has been mentally draining on me. There has been days where I wanted to do two a day workouts but when I get home from school I am so mentally drained and burnt out by 4pm that I don't have the energy. Only 33 more school days to go.

With that...spirits were high at the TTF today. I arrived at 6:25 am only to see rookflick sleeping on the floor waiting for tdisckree to arrive and let us in. We hit the road shortly after and kept a pretty steady pace. Our route changed this week, it did however consist of crossing in front of the fishbowl and getting the "rock on" signs from Zach and Colin. Recently race day has become a much more relaxed atmosphere. Everybody seemed to be in a good rhythm today, the only pit stop was tdisckree letting it all hang out in the middle of victoria park.

When we arrived back at the TTF, energy levels were still high. We got in a good stretch and headed for the showers. As I was showering I could hear my teammates talking about how good they have been feeling since they have joined. Rookflick has only been with us for 5 weeks now and said that his stamina and endurance has increased dramatically...(wink, wink).

I was asked in yesterdays blog to discuss a few topics, I will only touch on a couple. First, my ying fa rituals before a morning swim consist of me saying "Good morning Mr. Ying fa." I feel this brings me good luck in the pool. Second, my relationship with the front desk staff at the CARI pool is "just fair." No other comment will be made on this. As for Bryan Macphee, if he shows up at the Red Island relay the s*%$# will hit the fan.

Be sure to catch the guest speaker tomorrow, tdiscgreggy.

The Admiral "To be the best you have to beat the best. Look out Whitfield." -The Admiral

"It's too expensive." - The Admiral

No comments:

Post a Comment