Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tdisc makes move to get younger!

Awwwww....I'm struggling to get this blog going tonight. I really don't know what to say today....I have a real uneasy feeling in my stomach this week. There's a few reasons for this...one might be the fact that I have the biggest race of my life to date in a little over 3 days...or it could have something to do with having to write a blog for a following of 150+. 7000 hits! This is getting out of control.

Today we met at the TTF at 6:30 am sharp. It was the 5 of us and 1 special guest...and i'll get to him a little later. We took off on route to the fishbowl for a 6 k run with sprints mixed in. One Tdisc member was quoted as saying "imagine if someone seen us doing this." The run had a pretty good tempo at the start and we continued that pace as we marched past Colin and Zack in the Fishbowl. It was great to see the boys again...considering it has been 2 weeks since our tuesday run. As we turned for home we had a bit of a headwind and an uphill climb. Everyone seemed to feel pretty good...even the Rook who traded comfort for speed by going with his grass cutting shoes. We won't go there tonight...but he was darn close to a meltdown. Don't ask if he got his emails last night! After the short run we spent an extended period of time stretching and doing work on the foam roller.

ok....so if your kinda new to the blog....here's whose who on Tdisc.

Tdisckree is a member of the big 4 as well as the coach.
Tdiscgreggy is a member of the big 4 as well as Team Captain.
Tdiscadmiral is a member of the big 4 as well as the big gun and chief of finance.
Tdiscpye is a member of the big 4 as well as the author of the blog.
Tdisct(w)is married to the admiral and is an honorary member of Tdisc because of her role as founder of Tdisc.
Rookflick is working towards becoming a member of Tdisc. He's about 65 days in.

Well...Tonight i'm proud to announce that Tdisc has made a move towards further expansion. At 6:36am(ya he showed up late...the admiral wasn't impressed) Mr. Joshua Vessey of the Charlottetown pe facebook network, born february 21,1987 showed up and the clock started on his tryout agreement. Just incase you aren't familiar with the tryout agreement...here it is. When you show up the first day the 100 day countdown will be posted in the right hand column of the blog. It is 100 days consecutively...however you are given 1 rest day a week. If you choose to use that day off on a monday than u have to be present tuesday-sunday or your official tryout agreement may be revoked. You also can request a leave of absence from the team. For example rookflick took a 4 day leave of absence a little while back to go home and visit his family. He was expected to be back after the 4 days or his official tryout agreement would have been revoked. Once you've completed the 100 days than it will go before the big 4 for a vote...at that time u will either be signed or released.


I speak on behalf of Tdisc when I say were thrilled with the opportunity to change another lifestyle. We feel as though Mr. Vessey(shown above) will bring some youthful exuberance to the team. In a written letter to the team Mr. Vessey had this to say.
"Dear TDISC,
I would first of all like to thank you all for the opportunity at hand to not only better myself as an athlete, but also to better myself as a human being as I will be in the company of some of the greatest men and women ever to grace the roads, gyms, and pools of Prince Edward Island. Now, I’m going to be honest there will definitely be some days along this road where the drive and motivation may not be quite there. But I know I can count on TDISC in those days where the spirits are down to pick me up and get me going again. Because that is what makes us a team. I mean we got TDiscAdmiral there to keep me punctual and on our toes, TdiscKree – the Coach to give me words of inspiration when I need it most (he always knows when..), TdiscGreggy – the Captain to keep me on a strict diet for success, and last but not least TdiscPye – the Blogger Extraodinaire to keep me updated on the entire whirlwind that is TDISC, keeping my spirits high.
I am honored to have been given this opportunity of joining such a prestigious group of people and I know that I will come to be part of the TDISC dream of being “the greatest triathlon team of all time”. Thanks again to everyone at TDISC, I won’t let you down.
“It was a battle, and not the way I wanted to start my tryout with TDISC, sprinting the first 2.5 km to catch up to the group.. but when I got there, it just felt natural”. – Josh Vessey, TDISC Tryout day 1"


Just a reminder of the Tdisc mixer/pep rally that will be held on friday evening. All are welcome...for more details contact us here at the blog.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"They are all the same on day one...it's when the honeymoon is over that we find out if they are going to stick." -Tdp (Refering to Mr. Vessey and his tryout agreement)

2 comments:

  1. I think one more introduction was overlooked...the fans need to know who the sponsor of TDISC is...please introduce superfan flickthis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous,

    I think TDP is still sour at me for failing to blog last week. I am working to get back into his good books....and redeem myself as team sponsor and superfan.

    ReplyDelete