Monday, May 11, 2009

Guest blogger....Tdisckree

Hello Fans,
It is my privilage to be guest blogger tonight. I have blogged before and was actually promoted to interim author of bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com about a month ago when Tdiscpye had a brief retirment. I am glad that has only happened once and feel confident it won't happen again. The opportunity to blog allows each of us members to give the fans a closer look into the life and times of Tdisc. I hope you enjoy these special editions of the blog.


Mixed Up Monday



Over the next few months it will be tough for me to stay in sync with the team but we've established a pretty good routine over the past 8 months and I feel that I can adapt to the slight change to my training structure. For the next two months I will be unable to practice with the team on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. I train young aspiring hockey players on these mornings. However, I have a timeframe between 745 - 930 in order to train. Today as I was heading to the pool around 745 I met up with Tdiscpye, Rookflick, and Admiral. Tdiscgreggy's celebrations over the weekend made it tough on him to get out of the wrapper this morning. As I was coming into the changing room I overheard Tdiscpye and Admiral conspiring about the Red Isle Relay and about possible Kayak arrangements. They hushed quickly when they saw me coming. I didn't care because I know that Pye is too busy to mess around finding a faster Kayak than me and Greggy, and we know that the Admiral has placed a budget on Tdisc2 thinner then trick-wire. Rookflick was his happy-go-lucky self. Now that I think of it...Rookflick has had an absolutely amazing attitude through his tryout. He's been so good I can' t help but think that he is due for a complete meltdown and temporary retirement.



My training this morning was pretty straight forward...800 meters of swim,pull,kick,drill rotations (100m). I then completed 5 x 200 meters on 4:15 time. Basically, what this means is I swim 200 meters at a quicker than usual pace and have to start my next set 4:15 later. If I am quick I get a longer rest...If I am slow I only get a few deep breathes and launch off the side of the pool again. Tdiscpye apparently laboured through 400 meters in total. Two consecutive swims that could only be categorized as being horrible. Apparently, he has a cold that has affected his breathing. In a short statement from Tdiscpye, the Admiral was pounding it out from end to end and Flicker was tired. After a 45 min swim, I went on the stationary bike for 30 min and did intervals.



Tommorrow will be race-day. The course hasn't been released but will include a loop that crosses in front of the KROCK 105.5 Fishbowl. We hope to recieve a wave, fist pump, and on-air acknowledgement from Z-DIZZLE (Zachary Bell). For those of you who are awake at the 7 o'clock hour listen in !



Be sure to catch the blog tommorrow as the guest blogger will TDISCADMIRAL...he promises to discuss the following topics :

1. His Yingfa rituals

2. His relationship with the Front Desk Staff at Cari Pool.

3. His antics following the bike ride last sunday.

4. The stop lights at the Charlottetown Mall.

5. Bryan MacPhee



I'm Out !

TDK



" When my parents left me at the Grand Canyon on purpose, I coulda just shut things down but I decided I just had to KEEP on KEEPIN ON !" Joe Dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment