Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Captain Tdiscgreggy's blog

Hello Bloggers,
This is a special treat for me to be able to blog to those who have been such a big part of Tdisc. I first of all am very lucky to not only be a part of Tdisc but also who they call Captain. I am not sure why I was so honoured to be associated with this, maybe it was because I am yet to retire or have a melt down. Though today in the middle of the emyvale hills, I was close to losing it.

Today was a tough but very successful day for Tdisc, we started off this morning with our normal Wednesday weights followed by a longer swim. I enjoy Wednesday because it is hump day, (which is the day in the middle of the week, Kate) and because it is a longer workout. Most days are 45mins to an hour, Weds are usually close to a hour and a half. Even without our leader TDK (work) we had a good workout today. But as time went on and emails flew around today TDW decided she wanted us to go on a bike ride. So this evening, the admiral and I agreed and went, picking up TDP who biked to North River to meet us. Than we proceeded to home of the flickthis and to pick up the rook.
On the way to rookflicks I thought in my head I am getting better at the clips Admiral and I have not fallen yet..... that thought did not last long when I was adjusting my seat at our stop and heard “pye pye pye pye.” I turned and the Admiral was clipped in and going down. Lucky we were standing still cause he did not get hurt. Since he was not hurt we had a great chuckle, only to be interrupted by SH*T as the boys looked over and down goes greggy. Within 3 mins the two of us went down in a pile, again lucky we were not flying down a hill. Also a shout out to flickthis who ran after us chanting “ROOKFLICK, ROOKFLICK, ROOKFLICK” as she gave him a push start. I felt like an extra in Rocky 2.
This bike ride was my third time this year, and prob 10th time in the last 5 years. So I am not close to the speed and talent of the other tdisc members which got to me today. I was not mad at them just mad at myself for being so far behind in my leg strength. We went over 50km today with nothing but hills, and it was around an hour 53 mins. It was amazing to do, when I was finished but it just shows me how much work I need to do before Freddy.
Today was an extra hard day, but as TDP always says, “Tdisc got better today.” I agree. Even though spin in the morning might just rank up there with the hardest things I have done this week.

So as I sit here drinking green tea with no shirt on trying to represent the infamous TDP and his blogging ability as best I can, I leave you with this. If I made it through today, I will never quit. I also want to give a huge shout out to my team who gave me a great gift and was there to help me graduate, along with my family and friends. Tdisc is more than a group, team, or friends, we are a family.

“The only wind is the wind you create” Tdiscgreggy

1 comment:

  1. I'll give you a push start any day....just let me know...oh, and your quote is very inspirational...and it's definitely applicable to rookflick after I make him a pot of my famous chili...

    ReplyDelete