Thursday, May 28, 2009

Precious Sleep

Tonight I haven't had the opportunity to blog and it is probably in my best interest to get to bed. More reports to come tomorrow but tonight here is Tdisckree's prerace report.

Pre-race report
By. TDISCKREE
DATE May 28
EVENT - RED ISLAND RELAY

General Comments :

I can't believe we are two days away. I am extremely excited. We've trained hard all winter. I know we are ready, and I know we have prepared the best we could. However, this past week of tapering is driving me insane. I just hope we didn't back off the training too much and that we feel fresh and not sluggish from our down-time. I think we will feel great. I am actually getting nervous right now just thinking about the start. Despite being in about 7 or 8 relays, I've never started the race. I am looking forward to having a hometown crowd. Believe it or not, and as retarded as it seems I just don't want to let the fans and blog readers down. I really don't want to let TDISC down, and especially Captain Tdiscgreggy.


Predictions :

As far as places go, I don't really have a clue because I don't know what the field will be like. However, if all goes according to plan we will be in the thick of things and should be in good position throughout the whole race. I will look to establish a good pace and position by the 3k mark. I hope to improve my position on the bike. I will come in on empty. By the time I hand off to Greggy, I expect Tdiscpye to be on my heels. Greggy will leave hard and I expect Greggy to lead the Admiral into the bike. I expect Tdisc1 and Tdisc2 to be within 2 minutes of each other one way or the other heading into the canoe. And if this is the case...the fans at Brudenell will be treated to perhaps one of the epic sporting battles of all time.


What the fans don't know :

- Tdiscadmiral will keep a burnt english muffin in his tights in-case he gets hungry during the kayak leg. He might actually wear YING FA swimming trunks despite the fact that they have a history of wearing out without warning.

- TDK has changed the tires on his bike twice this week.(which is more than he has changed his underwear.)

- Tdiscgreggy got a tatoo of the captains "c" on his right butt cheek this week.

- Tdiscpye has had two different nightmares the past two nights. The first nightmare was that the fans of tdisc held a protest on the deck of 195 Blue Heron Lane because of a missed blog entry. The second nightmare was a scary scenario of the Admiral beating him senseless with a kayak paddle after he steered it onto a sand-bar in the Red Island Relay.

- Rookflick threw his grass-cutting shoes out the window off TTF mid workout on Wednesday in frustration. He was heard muttering " just wanted to check my freakin emails."

- Josh Vessey on tryout has been coached by Tdisckree on two previous occassions in the past. Triathlon , hockey , and softball are now the three sports in which he has played for TDK. It should be noted that Vessey has never started and has never played a significant role on any of these teams.

TDK - " When that old horse sees the barn...don't get in his way."

No comments:

Post a Comment