Friday, May 1, 2009

Tdiscadmiral Profile

Today Is a very special day here on the blog. We have the privaledge of bringing to the people the profile of Tdisc's top dog. He's the guy we work to protect and then set him free with the leaders. I'm extremely excited to be paired with this guy on Tdisc #2 for the Red Island Relay. When people ask me...what's your strategy for the Relay...I always respond the same way. "Just get the wristband into his hands." Tdisc's punctuality every morning is because of this guy...His "just go hard" mentality has given us stamina we've never had before. When we signed him back at the start of the season we knew he was going to be good...but not this good. This sucker might just be crazy enough to win a triathlon. When he's standing on the podium in London...I'll proudly tell people that I was a the other half of Tdisc #2. There would be no Tdisc without this guy...Ladies and Gentleman...Boys and Girls...children of all ages.........
TDISCADMIRAL




ht - 6"
wt- 195
hometown- Ennismore Ontario "The Holy Land"
birthdate- Jan.25,1980
marriage status - marrried (for now) just joking she will kill me
occupation - teacher
favorite meal - chicken fingers and fries
favorite band - George Strait
type of running shoe - asics
type of bike - Giant
swim trunk type - Ying fa all the way

Questions : Where do you see TDISC in 5, 10,20 years ?
5 years - competing as team pei at the island games.
10 years- competing at Olympic trials
20 years - our ultimate test Triathlon across Canada
25 years - all members of tdisc will be retired and reside in Florida

What does TDISC mean to you ?
Look up the definition TEAM. Without their guidance and support this
would not be possible.

Compare TDISC to the Yankees- similarities, differences.
Similarities- 1927 Murderes row Ruth, Gehrig, Meusel and others. I
can't remember them. Teams are going to be absolutely terrified when
they see us.

Differences- Our budget

Who's your inspiration ? all members of tdisc. They push me to do my
absolute best.

If you could cut one member of TDISC, who would it be ? About two
months ago I would have answered this question. After the last month or
so and the progress that tdisc has made, I think it is impossible to cut
anyone.

If you could choose your partner for the Red Island Relay, who would it
be ?
Tdiscpye. I think we compliment each other very well. I look
forward to racing with him in the next few weeks.

What is your pet peave ? People who walk really slow.

What's it like being the admiral? A true honor but lots of pressure.
One question I would like asked are 'what names does the admiral call a
hill when he is running to the top?'
I don't necessarily call the hill
a name. I do however tell the hill that I'm going to get it. Using
more vulger terms than that, I might add.

what would it take for the admiral to be late for a training session?'
If there was major cleaning up to do in the house. I hate leaving the
house or going to bed when it is a major mess. It drives me crazy!!!

Were you somewhat liberated the first time you put on
your ying fa's?'

Liberated! 'not really'. I'm still not all that confortable about the idea of wearing tights. I guess I'm going to have to get use to it.

Which of the three disciplines do you enjoy/hate the
most?
I love them all and hate them all at the same time.

If the Red island relay is a cold day, will you wear
splash pants?'

-Yes! Without a doubt. They are my go-to's

OTR with Michael Landsberg

-
What was your immediate thought when you heard Flicker had three
glasses of your spring water after the bike ride ?


- Now I have to buy another jug.

What makes you most mad ?
a. Greggy blocking you in the driveway in the morning ?
b. Tdisckree being 21 seconds late to the TTF ?
c. Getting passed in the pool ?

Answer - b

Burnt English Muffin or Well cooked Bagel ?

Burnt English Muffin

If TDG had to be replaced ( as your roomate) who would you choose?
- Rookflick

Favorite Celebrity : Simon Whitfield or Cito Gaston ?

Cito Gaston by far

Pay for a breakfast at Cora's or wash dishes for them for two hours to
work it off ?


haha Pay for breakfast.... I'm not that cheap.

Yes or No ... Will you run a sub 40 min 10K this season ?

- YES

What will you do with your earnings when you win Fredericton ?

Put it on my mortgage

Which is the worst nightmare you've had :

a. Having to make an emergency porti potty stop during the bike stage.

b. Having to race bare yingfa

c. coming last out of all the big four

d. Having the registration fee go up last minute by 200 dollars

Answer- D

Which member of Tdisc do you associate with the following words :

Hostile - myself

Insane - TDK

Moody - TDP

Punctual- myself

Gassy - TDK / Rookflick

Focused - TDG

Vision - TDK

Inspirational - all of TDISC


Who will be the first member of Tdisc to retire for good ?

- myself

Who will be the next to retire for a day ?

- TDP

Who will be the next to have a melt down ?

- Rookflick has got to have one sooner or later


Will you wedgie rookflick at his inaguration ?

-Next Question

One word to describe TDISC ? Greatness

ONe word to decribe the ADMIRAL ? Competitor


In Preparation for Today's profile...The team each sent in a statement about the admiral.

Captain Tdiscgreggy-Admiral,

"What can I say about the Admiral, without a doubt the most determined individual I have ever met. If we say jump! He will jump until he jumps over the house. He was brought up as a strong competitive hockey player, who moved to the Island to get a education. He played hockey and did not stop till he was captain, he went to school and did not stop till he was the teacher, he liked a girl and did not stop till he married her, he was wanted to spread the brioux name and did not stop till he got her pregnant, he started training for a triathlon and will not stop till he wins Freddy beach.
He is a very respected man for being here for only a few years, and has sent a president in everything he does, from hockey awards named after him, to training so hard he gets a hernia but never misses a step. The admiral is named that for a reason, he will concur you and everything in front of him.
If he likes burnt English muffins, you like it.
If he likes his hair cut you like it
If he likes early starts you get up early
If he likes his Monday mornings off, you stay the frig in bed.
I am very proud to be the admirals roommate/brother in law and very anxious to see his results in Fredericton.

Tdiscgreggy"


TdiscKree-
"When asked to make a comment on the TDISCADMIRAL PROFILE...my immediate thought was "where do I start ?". Well I think it is important to make the following clear - The Admiral and John Brioux are "not" the same person. I met John Brioux in 98 when playing for the Peterborough Petes and have been friends ever since. John is a top-notch guy and a great friend. I arranged for him to meet Tdisctw and helped him with the early stages of his romance with her, I have also had the privilage to be in his wedding and look forward to having him stand in my own.

When we started with Tdisc we invited John. However, it didn't take long for John to be replaced by the competitor we now know as the "Admiral." The Admiral is driven, hard-nosed, relentless, insanely competitive, and an overall fierce individual. The Admiral follows the following creed :

THE ADMIRAL'S CREED
1. Be on Time !!!!!
2. Never get passed by anyone ... anywhere !!!!
3. Don't waste my time or money (warmups,stretching, and Cora's fall into this category)
4. DON'T EVER TOUCH MY YINGFA'S ! (or me when I'm wearing them)
5. Monday is a day of preperation for work (not a day that should be spent training.)
6. When you set a schedule...It should never be altered....EVER or you will pay !

Personally, I don't like the Admiral...but as an athlete I respect this character. Some days I wake up and hope that John shows up for the workout instead of the Admiral. However, when the Admiral shows up you better be there on time and ready to work. The Admiral forces you to run faster, pedal harder, and kick harder. The Admiral has made myself and the other members of Tdisc better, because he sets the tonne. I really don't think people understand how good the Admiral is. If he shows up ready to go in these triathlons...he will lay an absolute beating on good triathletes and I know you're questioning me right now...so I say come see for yourself. It will scare ya ! When we go to Freddy for our first Triathlon our theme will be "Shock and Awe," but don't be surprised if there is a large group of fans on the sidelines with Tdisc logos on the front and big bold letters on the back exclaiming " BEWARE THE ADMIRAL !"



Rookflick-
"The admiral is an animal...that pretty much sums it up. He is a man on a mission. I love training with him and look forward to racing with him in a triathlon. He is always prepared, very dedicated and just always works his hardest. You just have to respect that. On a sad note I am still hoping that the Admiral will someday forgive me for secretly hiding a pair of Tdisckrees poop stained undies in his pillow case 5 years ago when we were roommates. I still get a good chuckle picturing him snuggling into his pillow every night with the soiled undies only millimeters from his face!!! Sorry Kree. hahahaahah"

Tdisct(w)-
"I have known John was a good runner for a long time now. I will never forget one summer evening when we went for our first run together..he had just returned home from a summer in Ontario where we may have worked
out once to prepare for hockey season. I had been running all summer long. The first half hour of an out and back course I felt great and I was totally pumped because I thought he was struggling a bit and I felt like I was cruising. In my head I was thinking 'this is great, he is hurting and I'm feeling awesome.' When we reached the turn around, he looked at me and said 'let's pick it up a bit.' I was slightly
devastated and recall that I couldn't speak the whole way back because I was working so hard to keep up. That was one of the most annoying days ever. Now that he is training and is in shape I'm scared to run with him alone. I need back up to hold him from running 1km ahead or to keep me from tripping him when he turns around and says 'come on, pick it up.'He will be great in the triathlon this summer."

No comments:

Post a Comment