Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Thank you Rain

This blog has been dedicated to the late Tubby.(The barn cat that passed away on the Trans Canada hwy last night.)

Ok so I was up past the start of the news last night which pretty much meant that I was going to be tired in the morning. With I sitting in the chair and Tdisckree on the couch we tried to drift off to sleep while being serenaded by the voice of Pierre McGuire. When all of a sudden Tdisckree popped up, shut off the t.v and said "Were triathletes...go to bed." Agreeing with him...I proceeded to bed doing everything in my power to get to sleep but just tossed and turned...sleeping off and on until 3 am when I got for a pit stop. In an attempt to get a little sleep before 6am I decided to pop a couple tylenol and go back to bed. It literally felt like I rolled over and the alarm went off. So I got up and reset the alarm for a much needed 12 minutes of sleep. I couldn't even sleep in that 12 minutes...all I could think of was "wow...i'm frigged." So I got up again...with the idea of trying to get some sort of breakfast into me...when all of a sudden I took a look out the window....it's raining! So I hollard to tdisckree..."I think we should go on our own today...it's pouring...not worth it today." Much to my surprise he replied "ok...call the admiral". "Oh no the admiral never changes plans" I thought to myself. So I decided to call and do something I don't like to do...lie. Looking out into a mist I called the admiral "Admiral...It's pouring out here...let's call it off." I was shocked when he uttered the words "ya that's a good idea...call rookflick." Knowing that rookflick was up 3 hours past his bedtime last night I figured..."If I can get a hold of him...i'm back in bed." So I called up rookflick "Rookflick...it's pouring out here...let's call it off." Instant relief came across my body at the words "ok...ya i'm tired." Bed!

My eating has just been pathetic...I think i've eatin leftover chicken balls for 3 days straight. It's almost to the point where i'm just getting a little to comfortable with where i'm at. Tdisc plans to crank it up a notch this week. Tonight i'll be doing my run followed by a swim. We'll also be swimming a couple more times this week with a few evening bike rides added into the mix. Saturday it's a kayak/canoe clinic...and preparation for the RiR. Should be a good week for Tdisc.

A special shout out to blog follower Logan MacMillan who is playing in the memorial cup. Big fella potted the game winner the other night in a big win over Windsor. Good luck Logan from all of us here at bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com.

Tdisc received an email today from a new blog follower who joined us on bikes this past saturday. It read "Just wanted to thank Tdisc in writing for giving me the pleasure of riding with them on Saturday's bike ride. Even though I nearly started a 20 car pileup, it was fun. Thanks.
ps. If you're driving and see Tracey on a bike, give her the right of way."
-Mark Flood


Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." -Mark Twain

1 comment:

  1. My sympathy's to you and your family on the passing of Tubby :-(

    ReplyDelete