Saturday, May 23, 2009

Final Preparation

Today's blog is dedicated to the Brudenell clubhouse...thanks for the use of your public facilities. Very hospitipal!

Today we decided to go down east for our final run through of the course before the RIR. We went in 2 waves...the first group went at 7 (Admiral, Rookflick, and Tdisct(w)) followed by Tdiscgreggy, Tdisckree, and I at 8. Other than the 2 wrong turns by the admiral all went well for group 1 this morning. The report that I recieved said that it was warm on the run and a little windy on the bike...but that everyone felt good.
As for us in group 2 Tdiscgreggy and Tdisckree were ready to go this morning. I wish I could say the same for myself but I can't...I was just...in the word's of Tdisckree "Friggen around." I just couldn't seem to get going...I wasn't tired, but for some reason I got caught up on crackbook and even doing a bit of laundry. Once we got going we were alright though. The run went pretty well...I found myself to be very sluggish at the start...but began to find my legs late in the run. When I hit the transition I was a little worried...I didn't have the legs at the start and I was battling a head wind. However I recovered quickly...and felt great for the remainder of the ride. Tdisckree seemed to do quite well but I didn't buy it because he verbally assaulted me when we made a wrong turn and had to go a bit farther. Tdiscgreggy had a great day...he said via text message "Holy **** I love the runners/bikers high...better than anything I ever experienced."

We went our own seperate ways this afternoon than met up at 4 o'clock for a kayak course in Rustico. It was pretty cool but I must admit I underestimated how tough it was going to be. We recieved some great instruction and I think were better kayaker's than we were before. Everything went well except for the few seconds that we were hooked on the sandbar and the admiral had to walk us off...nearly taking himself and the kayak into the channel. On behalf of Tdisc and myself we'd like to thank Outside Expeditions for taking the time to help us out.

Often times you can't get things going quick enough in the morning and you have to make a pitstop along the way to the route. Well here's the top 6 public facility pitstops voted on by Tdisc.
6.Brudenell clubhouse
5.Tim Horton's(university avenue)
4.Petro Canada (university avenue)
3.Classroom center at UPEI(If you run on the trail.take that spot into consideration)
2.Tim Horton's(North River Road)
1.UPEI sports Centre upstairs by the track(Tdisckree's favorite)

Till Next time,
Tdiscpye

"Tdisc got better today" -TDP

No comments:

Post a Comment