Saturday, May 9, 2009

Super Saturday

I'll admit I wasn't really confident going into the big today...I just didn't feel great throughout this recovery week....but today that changed.
We started off on the bikes heading towards new glascow...all members were present except for Rookflick(baby duty). It was very hilly in the early going...my legs were feeling it right off the bat. We continued on and went out around new glascow and came back through oyster bed. It was much easier on the way back...we had a bit of a tail wind and it was flatter. When it was all said and done we were back at the admiral's after doing 45k. Everyone felt reasonably well. The temperature was beginning to rise... so we geared down a bit and threw on the running shoes and took off to do two 5.2k loops. I battled a stitch at the start but worked it out by the halfway point...the heat began to really bother me. At the halfway point tdisckree(work) dropped off. I felt much better on second loop...I finally found my rhythem. We completed the two disciplines in 2h15m. By the time I was finished of the run my body really felt like it did a lot of work...and it did.
We stretched for a bit and talked about Tdisc then left for a little R and R.
Today is a very special day here at Tdisc. We have the opportunity to honor our captain's accomplishments. Today he officially graduates from the University of Prince Edward Island. On behalf of the team and bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com....Congratulations Captain Tdiscgreggy!

Tonight we will celebrate as a team. We will first be making an appearance at Tdiscgreggy's party at Razzy's where we will make a special presentation on behalf of the team. Then we will continue on to an undisclosed location where we will continue the celebration.

Tommorow's mother's day....on behalf of Tdisc and Bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com we'd like to wish all mother's a very happy Mother's Day!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement." -Anthony J. D'Angelo

No comments:

Post a Comment