Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A time of Reflection

As I sit here tonight(bare yingfa)...sipping on green tea...just thinking about what i'm going to blog about tonight. Tdisc let the legs do the talking this morning...then everyone exited on there own. So tonight i've decided to open up a bit on the blog...it'll kinda be like the diary room on big brother.

The last couple nights I haven't slept very well...partly due to a bad cold. I've just had that feeling...the feeling of a little nervousness. I've shut the tv off in good time...i've gone to bed early...but I just find myself tossing and turning and just thinking about everything. Back on day 1....when we announced to the world..."were doing the fredericton triathlon next summer"...I laughed thinking..."what's the chance of us doing a triathlon 8 months from now?". On day 60 I began to settle in to a bit of a groove and started to enjoy this new way of getting in shape. At about this time the idea of doing the fredericton triathlon began to grow a bit old...so we upped the ante..."boys, were doing the miami international triathlon". I thought this was great email material...but seriously...I was about 225 and just got to the point of making it to the other end of the pool without drowning and at about this point I hobbled my way to 10km in a run. Miami International triathlon? Not a chance.
Day 115...I got bored and decided to start a blog. Good way for us to chirp back and fourth and record our training. So I thought for 2 seconds about a name and came up with bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com. Like anyone was going to read it anyways! At this point it was new years and my food addiction was at an all time high. The next day the slogan came out..."This is the year of the triathlon." "Frig...there still on this triathlon kick...when should I tell them?" I thought.
Day 130 The blog hits the smooth cycle website...
Day 131 I install a hit counter....
Day 132 I realized I was frigged...people were reading this thing.
Day 133 I picked up a part time job....blogging!
Day 134 I had a meltdown...I got sick of this getting in shape...but I had this friggin blog to write.
On day 160 we began to up the pace...the season was quickly approaching...The blog began to get about 40-50 hits a day. Tdisc was struggling threw the dog days of winter...I think this is when we all realized...were in this for the long hall....I decided that I didn't want to drowned in Fredericton so I booked myself into a swim class.
Day 202 the day arrived...first road race. I was so nervous I was sick for 2 days leading up to the race. The race went well..I enjoyed the runners high...but realized...my running is way behind. Just incase I didn't drown in fredericton I decided to up my running.
Day 215...things begin to come together...I began to enjoy swimming...I was improving leaps and bounds...my running was improving and I was 5km/hr faster on the bike. "Holy frig I just might end up doing this sucker".
The week of Day 227 I swam 10000m, biked 130k, and ran 30k. "jeepers...I need to get a wetsuit."
On day 237 we went down and did 2 legs of the relay....238 we swam the race distance and did a 19k time trial..."I'm ready!"

When I went to bed sunday night...I tossed and turned because I know i'm doing this triathlon now. When I swam Monday morning...I was tired but there was no thought of quitting...Today was the same...I battled to stay close...cause I knew I had to find a way to get better on a bad day. Anyone can get better on the days they feel good...if you want to get ahead you have to find a way to get better on the bad days.
Today I cursed the 2 teamates who ran ahead of me...but after I had a chance to cool down I respect them for what there doing...working towards a common a goal...To become a Triathlete!
It's getting close...I just really didn't think i'd see this day happening.


I've been thinking tonight...How far have a come?
Day 1- swim- 10m continuous
Day 237-swim- 1000m continuous
Day 100- Run 10k - 1hr02min
Day 237- Run 10k - 46 min
Day 1- bike 1hr- 27k
Day 237- bike 1hr - 32k
day 131- blog - 1 hit
Day 237- blog - 5410 hits

Off to the pool...

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Never, never, never give up!" ~ Winston Churchill

1 comment:

  1. pye!!!!! you ran 30kms! how did you feel after that! wow, its brutal eh! I am so proud of you! I am going to be embarrased to do this thing with you guys seeing as how I dont have a bike so cant practice that and dont have a pool closer than an hour so can barely practice that! Can you pull me through the first two legs? I am at least confident I can run! haha.
    oh..its your cousin from afar!

    ReplyDelete