Friday, April 17, 2009

"IT'S OVER...I'M DONE." - TDISCPYE PULLS OUT OF '09 SEASON

BY: Kris MacPhee
Interim Blog Author

As Interim Author/ Vice President of bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com and as Head Coach of TDISC, I am saddened by the news that Tdiscpye (now known as Ryan MacPhee) has pulled out of the 2009 Triathlon Season, and has relinquished his positionw with bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com. What started out as a normal friday at the TTF turned out to be a stunning and damaging day for the Tdisc community. Tdiscpye left the pool area about 20 minutes within the swim and made no comments to team members or media. He then released a statement at 8:24 am that simply stated the login and password of the blog. At 11:16, he was contacted for comment. He had very little to say and was having a hard time speaking while eating chips. A few of the comments made were :

" I am wasting everyones time and my own."
"I am quiting computer."
" I will take a week or so to rest my injuries and start getting prepared for 2010."
" I'd like to thank the followers of the blog...good support."
"I'm just not gonna be ready for the season...I'm not improving."
" Not happy at all."

Being a part of Tdisc I've learned to expect the unexpected because of the personalities on our squad, but this is something I didn't see coming. I will run the 5k Colonel Grey SADD Run tommorrow but Admiral will sit it out. Tdiscgreggy started his spring vacation today and well Tdiscpye ... what can I say.

As coach of Tdisc I urge blog followers to voice their opinions of todays events on the guestbook page or email me at tdisckree@gmail.com or call Tdiscpye personally at 394-4894 and let him know how you feel.

Keep on Keepin On
TDK

2 comments:

  1. NO!!!! This cannot happen...I won't let it happen. Tdiscpye..you are more than just a blogger..you are a role model and my personal mentor....but most importantly..you are a triathlete and member of Tdisc.

    Everyone has a bad day....or week..or even a bad month....take a few days off to clear your head..and then you will have a new focus and perspective.

    If you quit now....who will I live vicariously through???

    From all your fans around the world.....please Tdiscpye....come back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RYAN!!!! Take the weekend, feel better, rest. THEN it's back to the grind. I am calling sarah, mervin, and raymond to stage an intervention. don't think I won't.

    You are INSPIRING people...we count on *YOU*!

    (don't give up please)

    love,

    the Harper sisters
    yes, this was actually a collaberative effort)

    ReplyDelete