Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm back

I know what your thinking...in the words of the admiral "enough" refering to my quiting today. The emotional roller coaster this training is putting me through is out of this world. This morning I had no control over the situation. My food addiction combined with being tired and injured came together to form an explosion. This week has been a tough week...My food addiction has flared up again. I just haven't fueled myself the way I needed to. Today my food addiction showed up at the pool and did the interview. I just scrolled the internet for an hour looking for healthy food ideas. My grocery list is as follows:eggs, low fat cheese, peaches, Rye bread, apples, chicken breasts(skinless), Rice Pineapple, cinnamon raisin bagels, stoneyfield light smoothie, carrots, turkey breast, whole grain cereal, fish, low fat yogurt. Anything else I should get?
I know it's been a distraction to the team but I just can't help it. Like I was depressed all morning over the way I acted in the aqua centre. It's like i'm up and then i'm down then up then down. It's like a big wheel going around and your just holding on for dear life.
I had a surprise visit from an inspirational teamate tonight. We just sat around and watched the hockey game and talked about Tdisc. It was good...he listened and I vented about my problems. He's been only around for a couple days but he found a way to make me feel like I play an important part in this process. What's tough about this is that your not only training for a triathlon...your also working a full time job...you have responsibilities with your family...and you have to try and find a way to balance it all. You also face a lot of negativity that is often hard to fend off when your not with the team. people hear the results of the dq race and ask me "wow you didn't do very good...what happened to u?" When really I probably couldn't have been any better at this point but now your thinking...hmmm maybe I should be doing it faster. I have goals in mind...I just have to do a better job of focusing on them.
Believe it or not this is a good lifestyle. I'm blessed to be a part of it. "What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger."
I had endless support today...thank you for that. If this blog inspires one person than it has done the job.

Till next time,
tdiscpye

"Who indeed can harm you if you are committed deeply to doing what is right?" -1peter

No comments:

Post a Comment