Saturday, April 11, 2009

The admiral is for Real!

I`m still waiting for the race results but as it stand right now the admiral placed 10th in a strong field. It was an overall pretty good day for Tdisc. When I get the results I will post them.
I enjoyed being in the atmosphere of the race today. Just being able to hang out and chat about triathlon and sorts was something that will help us moving forward in our season. Today`s race was different from last one. Today my expectations weren`t hi and the nerves weren`t there. It was nice to just go run. I felt pretty good starting out...but finding a pace was a problem...I was very eratic with my time checks. I was cautious going out in 24min and picked it up slightly on the way back coming home in 23.30.
Races like this are only going to make us better. If nothing else it`s a great way to push yourself through a tough 10k. Absent from today`s race was tryout member Flicker and superfan and main sponsor Flickthis. They are presently on leave from Tdisc but will be joining the Tdisc family again on Tuesday.
Tdisc would like to thank a few people from today`s event. First of all we`d like to thank the main sponsor Dairy Queen. The kiddie cone dipped in chocolate was awesome. Umm...Roadrunners Pei....thanks for making today happen. Wayne Gairns for his support on the hill, Anne Gairns for her work with the camera. The Frizzell`s for there drive by support and work with the camera. Ellen Taylor...representing fans of the blog and showing her support for Tdisc by running in the race. Tdisct(w) and Mikaela Ellis for staying close behind me but not passing me and for Tdisct(w)`s work at home with the admiral and Tdiscgreggy. Also for some of the friendly people along the way telling us that we were doing a good job....people in the race for being friendly. Last but not least...the fans of the blog...I probably wouldn`t still be going if it wasn`t for you guys...I just can`t quit now...this blog keeps me accountable. If i`m forgetting someone than sorry...Tdisc thanks you for the support.
Today was just a day in the process of making ourselves the best that we can possibly be on July 5th. Tommorow we will be back in the pool.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

The gun goes off and everything changes...the world changes...and nothing really matters -Patty Sue Plummer

1 comment:

  1. This just in ... The Admiral is for Real !!

    ReplyDelete