Saturday, April 18, 2009

The runner's high

Well...today I was back at it....and to be honest it felt great being back in the mix. We agreed on a 11-12k run today which would start at 8:30. Today we were again without captain tdisgreggy who has been under weather and as of now sitting in halifax waiting to fly out on vacation. You can never fill shoes that big but today our affiliate flicker stepped up in a big way. He has kind of brought some new energy to a team that was getting a little stale. Today our run went great...the pace was none to fast and everyone stayed together throughout the whole run. We did it in about an hour to hour and five minutes. Personally I didn't feel great but I got the job done.
One of the great things about a good workout is the high that follows. It most often occurs after a run. For people who have never experienced it ...i'm sorry. Just to give you an idea of what it does to people...while we were in the late stages of our run today our tryout affiliate was on such a high we spotted him doing pushups and drinking out of a puddle..."Dead serious". Not long after the workout flicker adressed the media. "Being only my second team run today i was very happy to have found myself within the pack. Last Tuesday's run was very likely the worst run of my life. The rain was awful and some of the team members were so far ahead of me i might as well have just took a short cut back to my car and called it a day. We missed Tdiscgreggy today but also wished we were him heading south right now. My legs feel great but my lungs are still trying to catch up. A big thanks to the Admiral today who coughed up 4 loonies so that i could enjoy a juicy Honey Garlic Hot Sausage with him at the market today. Next week is on me big guy. Looking forward to the kiddie pool (and perhaps a few laps) with Elle, Kate, the Admiral and whomever else would like to join tomorrow. I would like to put out a challenge to tdisckree tonight...if the Habs lose to the Bruins again tonight you have to do 5 pool lengths doing the breast stroke...if they happen to win tonight i will wear your Yingfas backwards Monday morning for our swim..." Tdisckree has accepted!
After today's workout rumours began to surface about Tdisc once again making history and placing an "A" on affiliate flicker.
Time to hit the hay...big week ahead....wednesday is fish at flicker's...friday is pasta at pye's...and saturday is Race Day!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"I believe in the runner's high, and I believe that those who are passionate about running are the ones who experience it to the fullest degree possible. To me, the runner's high is a sensational reaction to a great run! It's an exhilarating feeling of satisfaction and achievement. It's like being on top of the world, and truthfully... there's nothing else quite like it! "
-Sasha Azevedo

1 comment:

  1. I think I can speak for everyone who will be at the pool Monday morning when I say "Thank goodness Montreal lost"!

    ReplyDelete