Thursday, April 23, 2009

Number 135

When I arrived home tonight and went to the mailbox to see if any yingfa's came in I was suprised to find a rather thick envelope. As soon as I opened it I knew right away what it was...It was my official Peiroadrunners racing Bib number...number 135. If anyone would have told me last year that I would be a member of the peiroadrunners I think I would have asked them if they were drinking. I honestly never pictured this day.

This morning we had the usual spin class with Tdisct(w). Personally it was the most i've ever sweat during a spin class. I found it to be extremely tough. We had a good group today...but we did miss tdiscgreggy and tdisckree and Bob Gray. It was nice to have Wayne Gairns in the back row today...he really keeps the front row honest. We didn't bother running today..instead we opted for a longer stretch.

Tonight Tdisckree and I had swim class...We started with drills then did a combination of 50m sprints. Tdisckree just wasn't himself...he forgot his yingfa's. "i'm a half length slower without my yingfa's" a devastated Tdiskree said while frigging with his goggles. Overall I had a great swim...Again I left with the swimmers high...while tdisckree is debating his swimming capabilities.

Wondering how Tdisc is feeling going into the race on saturday...well check back tommorow as the blog features the world famous ellediva hairclips pre-race report.

Fact about Tdisc- It is customary that team members bow in and bow out of there yingfa's. It's our way of saying thanks for being there for us in the water.

I received word from Tdiscgreggy's agent today that the trip is going great. In a statement sent to BHM today....Tdiscgreggy's agent had this to say about his trip "he's been enjoying the beach and pool and is planning on going on some excursions and golfing the next few days. He also said he doesn't remember when but he got a tattoo on his shoulder of his ford focus with the Abby and Eddie mascot heads visible in the trunk. Let's hope the Tdisc uni's cover that one." His leadership has been missed over the past week...can't wait to have him back in the lineup.

Team meal tommorow night. Pasta at 195 Blue heron lane.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it." -James M. Barrie

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious....the Abby and Eddie tatter would be classic! Keep up the great bloggin' Tdiscpye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a chance to read back ... yet ... but what is a "tingfa?"

    Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the good question Zack.
    A YINGFA is the type of swimsuit worn by TDISC..basically the official bathing suit of TDISC. They are quite sleek fitting and very cheap...we purchase thru a dealer known as EBAY.

    TDISCKREE - "Keep on keepin on !"

    ReplyDelete