Friday, April 10, 2009

The ellediva hairclips Pre-Race Report


Race Report sponsor:
ellediva hairclips
"The official hairclips of Tdisc"
For more information click on the link
"http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?page=2&oid=177028570303&aid=-1&auser=&view=all#/group.php?gid=177028570303"
Drop the key word "Tdisc fan" and recieve 10% off!

The Race
April 11, 2009 Dairy Queen Bunny Hop
Race length: 10K
Starting Time: 9:00 a.m.
Registration: 7:30 a.m. at Dairy Queen,
Location: University Avenue, Charlottetown
Sponsor: Dairy Queen & Source for Sports
Course Description: Few Hills, but quite fast

Confirmed Tdisc Participants:
The admiral
Tdiscgreggy
Tdisckree
Tdiscpye
Tdisct(w)

Participant Statements:
Tdisckree- "I feel pretty good heading into the race. I haven't prepared like I did the 5k. I've trained hard this week so I'm worried about how much will be in the tank on Saturday. However, I'm confident my conditioning has improved over the last couple weeks and I should feel comfortable on the run. I've made improvements in this 1/3 of the triathlon but still have work to do before I can challenge the big boys, so I won't get caught up in playing the hero tommorrow. I'll look to run a good time and put on a good show for the crowd. I liken this event tommorrow to a hockey player taking a power skating school...most people hate skating schools but you need them to make ya better. I don't enjoy 10k's but they have to be done in order to get better for the July 6. I'd like to get out to a good start...not quite as quick as the Bluefin race but close to that. This will be an extremely tough field so it'll be interesting. I expect the Admiral and Greggy to have an finish for the ages, even if they are battling it out for 23rd place. They've been playing a cat and mouse game for the past couple months and this race will let them go at it. I expect they'll drop me early, but if they don't it'll be interesting to see how little talk there will be for 10k or as long as I can keep up. Admiral has become a better pacer but I'm nervous for him in this one...there are some "truly fast runners" in this field and I hope doesn't go for the win because it may sideline him for the season. I don't expect Tdiscpye to be in the mix. He has placed little to no emphasis on this race and has put in 4 two-a-days this week. He won't be running on a full tank of gas, but will still push it hard as he too realizes the Red Isle Relay is just around the corner.What the fans don't know - Tdisckree as promised will have a new pair of runners on . I've ditched the customery black and silver and gone more hip with orange black and white. Tdisckree will go with a roast beef diner for pre-game which may see him take a pit stop this race at the Tim's on NR Road. Hey it's good Friday and Mom is cooking - Here at Tdisc we are serious about our races but we are human. Admiral will have his customary burnt english muffin saturday morning. The smoke alarm will be Tdiscgreggy's wake up call.
"


Tdiscpye- "Once again i'm nervous heading into the pei roadrunners sanctioned event. I've put in an extremely tough week in the pool and on the bike. I'm not as prepared as I was for my 5 k race...i've viewed this race all week as a way of pushing myself through a tough 10k. With that being said I understand this is going to be a really tough field so I can't measure my success on the placement. I'm going in with a time in my head of 47 minutes. If I can reach that time than I can live with the place I finish. I will look to get out in front early and find my pace. I can't see myself being able to stay with the rest of tdisc...I will just look to limit the bleeding. The toughest part for tdisc tommorow will be allowing people to go by while focusing on your own pace.

Tdisct(w)Yo pretty sure i'm doing the race tomorrow. It won't be my best time but I don't know if I'll get to do any more so I figured...cease the day. Especially after putting ourselves through that run on Tuesday, I figured why not.

Tdiscadmiral-Tomorrow is a huge day for tdisc as they inch closer and closer toFredricton. Again, I'm heading into this not really knowing what toexpect. Tomorrow's field may be one of the toughest that we maypossibly see all summer. The nerves are starting to get to me already just thinking about it. Tomorrow is going to be another statement day for tdisc. Good luck to all participants. See you at the finish line!!!!

Tdiscgreggy- "As I was celebrating my completion of school last night, I could not help but search for a new goal to achieve. And the same result kept coming up. T.disc! I have been training with T.disc for over two hundred days and I loved every day of it. Tomorrow is one of the first steps to our transition from training to competing. The bunny hop race is one of the most popular races in the Charlottetown area, and T.disc will be fully represented. I am well prepared and fully pumped for the race. After doing the route on Tuesday it should be a great showing of how far we are along with our training."Predictions:
Tdisckree: TDISCADMIRAL - 22
TDISCGREGGY- 23
TDISCKREE - 31
TDISCPYE -45
Tdisct(w)- 49

Tdiscpye: Tdiscadmiral- 15 or 50
Tdisckree- 23
Tdiscgreggy- 18
Tdiscpye- 46
Tdisct(w)- 39

Tdiscadmiral:As far as predictions go 2 of the big 4 were out last night. I hopethey can recover. If they do, I strongly feel that all members of tdiscwill finish in the top 50.
Tdiscgreggy-"My prediction is that kree will take off right off the bat well I set the pace for the admiral and I. We will have kree in our sights the whole time and when we get back on to North River road it will be a full out t.disc challenge. Once we turn off North River road with one km left it will be a full out sprint.
All T.disc member will break the 50 minute mark and the Admiral will break the 45 min mark"
Tommorow will be a big day for Tdisc. Just not sure which way it is going to go.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"If you're going to be a horse, be a horse." -John Mclindon

No comments:

Post a Comment