Monday, April 20, 2009

Just another monday

Today I was back with my buddy...the cari pool. It was the first time back since my latest retiring. I knew going in to the morning swim that I wasn't going to get any sympathy so I was just going to have to get in there and go hard. I just working on drill, kick, swim, drill, kick swim and then did some cardio at the end. Everything went smooth in the pool today...tdisckree was scampering around in his torn yingfa's, tdiscadmiral was racing anyone swimming within 5 lanes of him, and flicker was swimming hard and saying "I'm dying". I felt pretty well leaving the pool. At one point I asked flicker..."Are u going to quit yet" and he replied "nope".
After a long day of work I just really wanted to shut things down for the night but instead I got my bike out and did 32k in about an hour. It was a little chilly on the feet but it felt great to be on the bike.
In case you missed Dave hodges column this week...here it is...
Dave Hodge Gives his thumb to sports and athletes this week :

Thumbs down - Montreal Canadians, Milan Lucic's cross check, Cari Pools schedule on holidays, Triathlon weather on pei, sports agents, Tdiskrees Yingfa's.

Thumbs up - Sidney Crosby , The Admiral's buzz cut, Tdiscpye's return to Tdisc

Tommorow is race day! We will be running the route of the upcoming race on saturday. The pace should be half quick....but we'll expect very little jockying at the front. 6:30 a.m start.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Racing is a matter of spirit not strength." - Janet Guthrie

No comments:

Post a Comment