Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rainy Race Day

I woke up to pounding on the roof this morning. I got up wondering what all that noise was when I looked out the window and gazed into an absolute down pour. "Are we running outside" I asked Tdisckree at 5:55am. "Good luck changing his mind"(referring to the admiral) tdisckree replied. So I grabbed a light breakfast and put on my outdoor running gear. Just to give you an idea of how much earlier we were today...I didn't even hear the news this morning. We decided to meet at the Dairy Queen this morning so we could do the route of the race on saturday. Everyone arrived on time and we left shortly there after. The quote of the day was "Nice day for a run"(kinda muffled by the sleet smashing off the face)
I didn't feel great this morning and the puddle jumping didn't help matters. By the 3rd k I just started running through them. It wasn't to bad...your foot would get an instant chill then your foot would slide in your shoe then back to squish, squish, squish. It was nice having flicker there with us today...it would have been a long ol run in the rain by myself. As for the rest of the team....I think Tdisckree won..but i'm not a 100% sure.
Afterwards the boys headed to the TTF for a quick shower...it was also gave an opportunity for some of the team members to address the media. Just leaving the changing room, the media got a chance to speak to team captain Tdiscgreggy..."We had a good chat in the dressing room after and besides flicker> wanting to puke he seemed to enjoy it. It was great to have a big crew> today, and like I said to everyone today, Domi and Tim would not have> made it through those two days. Flickers training in the pool yesterday> reminds me of when Trace used to push me in our pool when I could not> swim and that is how I learned, except he looked a lot better than I> did. With a combination of the first day being in the pool, and running> in that down pour today, if he comes back tomorrow, he is in it for the> long haul.> But the major highlight of the morning was, when everyone was so> surprised that T.disckree ran in his brand new sneakers, the admiral> would not let him have the spot light when he said "frig that boys I> will show you", and put his soaking wet sneakers back on after his> shower and wore them to school"> (he forgot his shoes).> Great run over all today, very impressed with the turnout> Can't wait for tomorrow,"
Then Tdisckree spoke about the morning..."Besides feeling like I've just finished the first leg of the Iditorod, it was good to get outside. I don't really know what the fuss is about the shoes. What if it rains on a real race day - do I put them away for a nicer day ? FRIG NO. Unlike other members of the team I'm not looking to get 5 years out of these runners. You play the way you practice and practice the way you play...That includes my racing shoes. (Holy Frig they are fast shoes...see how quick I got to NR Road ?) That was hilarious that the Admiral had to wear his soaking wet shoes to school...his feet will be like raisins comed mid-day....hahahahhaha... and he wasn't shaven. Kudos to the Admiral for putting his job on the back burner. Going to school un-shaven with ripped pants and soaking shoes is what TDISC is all about. I also heard that flicker puked in the lobby of MacLauchlan Arena leaving today."
(Referring to flicker's departure from the TTF)According to reports A bystander walked by and said " Are you ok?" Flicker threw up again and said " I'm on a tryout with Tdisc, and it's awesome."
Tommorow we hit the weights, followed by a swim.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"There are two things to aim at in life; first to get what you want, and after that to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind has achieved the second."
-Logan Pearsall Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment