Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Day After!

I felt yesterday's race was the toughest race that we've been in this year. For us these races have been a lot about how much pain we can put our bodies through. With a combination of the warmer temperatures and longer than 10k route our bodies really worked hard yesterday. We had a great time at the race...afterwards is a great time to mingle with fellow triathletes and runners and of course the fans of Tdisc.
Tdisc would like to thank Sporting Intensions for making the day happen...Tdisc will get great use out of these sugoi shirts and socks....thanks....the people along the route shouting out support (The Frizzell family, Tdisct(w)).....all the people that took pics for the team....also like to thank the peiroadrunners....the charlottetown police for stopping the traffic...and one big thanks to the person who roared at the finishing line "he's right behind ya"...that's all I needed to win the sprint finish.

Running races are used to increase our ability in the 10k run of the triathlon. So after the race we refueled and met at the admiral's for an evening bike ride. What was supposed to be ride to loosen up and get used to the bike turned out to be anything but. We left the admirals on route for brackley....when we arrived at brackley we were 30k in...it was a nice relaxing ride. Next thing you know panic set in...rookflick was late for supper...so we took off like a flash...uh oh...very
strong headwind. So we put the hammer down...just givener into a headwind...when all of a sudden a roar went out "where is the admiral". So we stopped and waited...no sign of the admiral. Word finally came via rookflick..."the admiral has a flat". So Tdisckree waited behind with the admiral....rookflick, tdisct(w) and I left to go get a car and get rookflick home. About 5 minutes later Tdisckree comes hammering it by saying..."he's going to thumb it". Needless to say it was quite a finish to a tough day. The admiral ended up hitch hiking to the cat dealership...then tdisckree drove past him and went to brackley...so the admiral had to go to a nearby phone and track Tdisckree down. 3 hours after leaving... Tdiscadmiral arrived home from a nice easy bike ride.

Through a phone interview....Interim Captain Tdisckree had this to say...
"First, I'd like to congradulate TDP, TDA, and Rookflick on personal best times at the sporting intensions Event. It was a good statement by all of them. As for myself...I was optimistic with my time, but not my placement. I have a number of ways I will improve my preparation and my actual race performance next time. Here at Tdisc we look for reasons...not excuses. I'll refocus and be going hard at the TTF tommorow. I'm very excited for Tdisc and our inaugral season. This will be our most demanding week of training yet. I think the emotional high's of Tdiscpye and Rookflick, and the return of inspirational leader Captain Tdiscgreggy will make it a great week for Tdisc. The theme of the week should come as no surprise...."Keep on Keeping on."

Sunday morning Ian hennamansing had a chance to catch up with Rookflick...
"Well, Saturday was a struggle. I set the timer on my watch for 45 minutes before our 10km run as i felt that that was a realistic goal for my first race of the season. I was short only a few dozen seconds. The run was a hard one, especially when I realized that the promised 8 km water station didn't exist. I started off way too fast. It didn't take long before i remembered that there was also an unofficial 5 km race and a lot of the people who started off fast turned at the 2.5km mark. It really was a long hard run but it felt good to finish it and I enjoyed the moment with my wife Kate and daughter Elle as well as the tdisc members. All was great until I overheard tdiscpye mention a short bike ride later in the day. This would be my first ever road bike experience. What was supposed to be an hour break-in ride turned into a 2 hour enjoyable and hateful afternoon. Getting to Brackley was a breeze but returning in the wind was aweful. Especially for the Admiral who ended up walking most of the way. I have to admit that I did enjoy most of the ride and do look forward to the next one hopefully on a nice windless day."

Today the coach and I went over a rough draft of the season's schedule. It will have to go before the rest of the team before it is finalized...so if you have a race and would like Tdisc to be a part of it than let us know asap. We will be doing a combination of triathlons, bike races, and running races.

Today has been an off day for tdisc. I will use it as a day of stretching, icing, and sleeping. Tommorow were in the pool then an evening bike ride.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

When it comes to Tdisc "all it takes...is all you got."- Marc Davis

Captain Tdiscgreggy Report
Hey Tdisc,
I am having a great time down south the weather is amazing and I am meeting a lot of great people. I have told many people about Tdisc and have at least 5-6 people comng to watch in freddy beach. I thought about going to the gym but it is just to hot. It is a paradise down here, lay by the pool and beach all day, then get dressed up and got to a fancy place for dinner than drinks with new people. I love it but I miss tdisc and can't wait to train with my boys again. Also I have eaten things I have not eaten at home since I started with Tdisc. I thought it will be hard to start my training again, but I miss it so much I am going to come back and train harder than ever. I will attempt race day tuesday depending on how the trip home goes. I hope everything is going great with you guys, and see you soon.
Have a great weekend,
Tdiscgreggy

No comments:

Post a Comment