Thursday, April 16, 2009

Double blog!

There's been much speculation this week about tdisc struggling down the stretch. Just after I released the early blog Tdisct(w) announced that the "gag order is removed." Minutes later Captain Tdiscgreggy publically adressed the team. "I want to apologize for my efforts this week. I have been a terrible Captain and I hope you can forgive me. I have been fighting a cold, stressing out about my trip, and trying to get two weeks work done in 4 days. I have been barley going through the motions in my T.Disc training, except for spin today which went very well and was very hard. “Hardest one for me yet”, Bob Gray.
We welcomed Flicker to spin along with Senior Wayner Gairns. They both worked very hard and did not miss a step. I will be absent in training for the next 11 days, but I promise the day I return the vacation is over in more ways than one. I need this time away from work and everyday life for a week, but I will miss T.Disc without a doubt.
I want to wish those members of T.Disc who decide to race Saturday the best of luck and represent us well!!!!"


I speak on behalf of the team when I say Tdiscgreggy is our Captain and will always be our captain until he hands the honour down after a long career. Have a good Trip Tdiscgreggy!

This evening I recieved an email from Jason Flick..."How jacked was i to start spinning class today not only with most of my teammates but also with veteran Wayne Gairns battling it out a few bikes down...looked like he hadn't missed a beat. Apparently he didn't miss my pool of sweat forming around my bike as i was near passing out from lack of body fluids. I wonder if i'm the only athlete capable of drowing in my own sweat? Anywho the bike class was awesome. As far as my 5 days off last weekend and early this week, it really put a hamper on my progress. The pool was quite difficult for me early Wednesday but the Admiral set me straight. Will anyone be running the 10km race this weekend? Go habs Go!!"

When training for a triathlon...injury's do occur. Lately i've been battling a bit of an injury. Since it is late in the season we will not disclose the exact location of the injury. Tonight I took the night off to rest what is a called a lower body injury. I have a hot water bottle, ice pack, and muscle relaxers. I was also talking to the admiral this evening and he is also battling a little tightness in the lower body region. This could be enough to keep him out of this weekends race.

Tommorow we are in for a long swim in the morning.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"What are your legs? Spring of steel. How fast can you run? As fast as a leopard. Then run man, run!" -Gallipoli

1 comment:

  1. TDP....not to be rude or anything..but you seemed to have made a huge error when you cut and pasted rookie Flick's email...the last line should read "GO BRUINS GO".

    ReplyDelete