Monday, April 27, 2009

"keep on Keepin on"

Today it wasn't the alarm that got me up...It was the bird chirping outside my window at 4:45am. I layed there for a bit then finally relized he wasn't going anywhere. So the first thing I tried was banging on the window....didn't work...so I then got up...got a glass of water then opened and shut the door(I imagine Tdisckree and the neighbors were real enthused about that one)....still didn't work. So I grabbed my ipod....threw in the headphones and went to turn it on to find it dead. Great....chirp chirp...2 second pause...chirp chirp. So then I tried the finger in the ear...nope...couldn't sleep...so then I finally threw a pillow over my head...it muffled it just enough to fall back to sleep. Beep Beep Beep..."you got to be kidding me"...so I hopped up and hit the snooze figuring I had lots of time. 5 minutes later off goes Tdisckree's alarm and he hits snooze. At this point i'm pretty much just lying there with my eyes closed. 5 minutes later my alarm goes off...I was so tired so I hit the snooze again. 5 minutes later Tdisckree's alarm goes off...he hits the snooze again. So I'm thinking....I'll just swim tonight...I had a bad sleep. 5 minutes later.....thump thump thump up get's tdisckree "Get up". Without much hesitation I got up...meanwhile announcing every excuse I could think of to get out of the swim. Getting no feedback I grabbed my things and headed to the TTF. We've been doing it for 200+ days and Nope it doesn't get any easier.

The problem with the monday swim is usually trying to find the motivation after coming off a high weekend of racing. Your body doesn't really want to do anything and neither does your mind. Maybe it was my attitude...but today I felt great in the pool. I had a goal in mind of doing 100 of swim,kick,drill, pull for 1500meters. I had no problem accomplishing that goal. Everyone else seemed to have the same impression...some went as far as doing 2000+ meters. For Rookflick it seemed to be a bit of a struggle but I must say his stroke is really improving. "I don't think he's going to quit."

With the Mother's day time Trial coming up in 2 weeks...I wanted to get out on the course and find out where I was at on the bike compared to the other riders in competition. So tonight Tdiscadmiral and I did the route. It was a 19k loop....It was quite hilly but we were happy with the way we road the loop. It was a good time of bonding for tdisc2 with the Red Island Relay 1 month away. We had a chance to talk about the Running races, the upcoming season, and expectations. I personally think that it will surprise people to see that Tdisc just will not settle...we can always improve on our time.

Tommorow is the long run day(formally known as Race Day). We will look to start early and do about 12k. Swim in the evening.

Pictures of the Race should be up soon....thanks for your patience!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"My feeling that any day I'm too busy to run is a day that I am too busy." -John Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment