Thursday, April 23, 2009

Double blog day!

As all of you know by now...Tdisc isn't just an ordinary training schedule...it's a lifestyle. When we first sat around the round table as a team we decided that we can't keep this lifestyle from people. So 18 days ago we granted our 3rd tryout to mr. Jason Flick..now known as "Rook". If your still not a believer in Tdisc than I encourage you to read the following letter sent to Tdisc yesterday.

"All right lets just get down to it. The truth is that I am loving it. I really didn't think that I was going to enjoy all this training as much as I have. I played hockey every year of my life from the age of 4 to last year and never really got into any other sports. I feel like I am exploring new limits with Tdisc. The running has not been too hard on me since I have run in the past but that's only one aspect of this team. The swimming is definitely the hardest sport i've ever tried. I just can't seem to get my stroke and breaths in sync. It's very frustrating. I'm pretty fortunate to have the Tdisc members along side me to help me with advice and drills but doing what they are telling me is not easy. Every now and then i'll put in a good length and then on the way back i'll inhale a litre of water and half to stop and cough it out. I guess the point is that i'm working on it though. And i like working on it because just like anything else, practice makes perfect. I love seeing the progress. It keeps me motivated and also keeps me wondering how far i can go with this. I've yet to get out on the bike that Wayne Gairns thankfully lent me but I am excited to get out there and give it a go. Jarrod at Smooth Cycle tuned it up for me and promised me i'd love the cycling part. I think i'll do ok with the bike as i've always had strong legs and always loved the burn you get when really working them out. Spin class is awesome too...what a sweat! I'm already looking forward to Tracy's class tomorrow morning. Saturday will be my first race and i don't really know what to expect. I don't know how to pace myself and I don't really know when to start pushing hard. I guess I could just take tdisckree's advice and "just run your hardest to keep the Admiral in your sights, if you see him at the end, you know you did great." Anywho, the training rocks, I'm learning a lot about myself and I'm also meeting a lot of really nice people along the way. Cant' go wrong with that. "

flicker...tdiscprospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment