Friday, April 24, 2009

ellediva Pre-Race Report


Race Report sponsor:
ellediva hairclips
"The official hairclips of Tdisc"
For more information click on the link
"http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?page=2&oid=177028570303&aid=-1&auser=&view=all#/group.php?gid=177028570303"
This week's keyword is "Rook" Drop it and recieve 10% off!


The Race:
April 25, 2009 Sporting Intensions 10K Run
Race length: 10.16K
Starting Time: 9:00 a.m.
Registration: 8:00 am at Sporting Intentions, 614 North River Road
Location: North River Road
Sponsor: Sporting Intensions
Fundraiser: Heart and stroke foundation
Map: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/canada/pe/charlottetown/842301836

Confirmed Tdisc Participants:
The admiral
Tdisckree
Tdiscpye
Rookflick

Participant Statements:
Tdisckree-How I'm feeling :
"Well, not very good. I felt over the last couple months that I was running better everyday, however my cramping in the pool has caused havoc with my left upper calve. I can't straighten it after I have been sitting for a while. This morning was the worst yet. I will stretch it and run this afteroon to see how it feels. I may then seek emergency physio with our therapist Rita Holland. I expect to run but cramping today on my run will change my mind completely. The cramping has taxed me mentally."
What to expect :
" I expect Admiral to start with a blistering pace and head to the top. Anyone who thinks he isn't going to try and break 40 min is out of their mind or just doesn't know him that well. The same goes for me...I will start quick and hope to break 42 min. I expect Tdiscpye to start quicker than normal and be more aggressive than he has been for earlier events. He is starting to warm up to my racing philosophy " Come in on Fumes." I expect we'll see him dip into the reserve tank to break 45. I expect the rook to be cautious but quick. I really don't know what to expect from him. He is a good runner but might be shy at the starting line.
*expect Rookflick to stay with confidant and pacer tdiscpye...and in a gentlemanly move allow the veteran to take 19th at the line. If Rookflick gets fancy and goes with Admiral expect him to be the first of Tdisc to "woof the cookies" in a live race."


Tdiscadmiral-
How I'm Feeling:
"Feeling pretty good today. I decided to run for 25 mins last night andtake the whole day off today. I think I'm ready. I'm afraid thoughthat badminton might take alot out of me, there is going to alot ofstanding around. I think tomorrows race is going to be very deceiving. After looking atpeoples times from last year they were on average about 1 minute slowerthan they were in the DQ race. So again, I'm not really sure what toexpect. I also heard that the race is a little longer than 10k. I will admit I'm going to do my best to put up another good run thisweek. A top ten finish would be nice. I expect to see TDK right on mytail at the get go to help set a good early pace with TDP followingright behind. The shocker of the race might come from Rookflick as he may put in asolid run."

Tdiscpye
How i'm feeling:
Well...I went for a light jog today to loosen up and to be quite honest and knocking on wood...i've never felt this good. I felt lean for the first time in about 23 years and I felt loose and my injured left shin felt great. The reality is that anything can happen in a race of a 10k distance...so I will continue to work on the shin tonight...and eat properly and do whatever it takes to be ready to go tommorow. I know i'm better than I was last week...but the tough week that i've put in may catch up to me late in the race. I expect the admiral and Kree to leave hard out of the gates and pace together until the admiral makes the turn...and then he's going to turn him loose. It's been a tough week for tdisc...there just might not be enough in the tank this week. With this being a sanctioned race...points are at stake...that may come into play. I expect rookflick to do something special tommorow...

Rookflick
How i'm feeling:
I'm feeling nervous...but prepared, excited and focused. I expect the race to be hard...but I expect to do well for my first race.

Predictions:

Tdisckree:
Tdiscadmiral - 39:30-40:30 - 5th
Tdisckree - 41:30- 42:45 - 12th
Tdiscpye - 44:45-46:15 - 19th
Rookflick- 44:45-46:15 - 20th


Tdiscadmiral:
Admiral- 7-10
TdiscKree - 11
Tdiscpye - 21-23
Rookflick - 21- 23


Tdiscpye:
Admiral- 40:10 - 6th
Tdisckree- 42:35 - 12th
Tdiscpye- 46:59 -25th
Rookflick- 45:18 - 19th

What the fans don't know about each member :
Tdiscpye - Does Yoga and mental training exercises the night beforeevery race. Tdisckree - Stops at the Tim Horton's on NR Road prior to each race todrop weight. Also, will get a buzz cut and mustache for the racingseason.
Rookflick - Is the co-owner of Ellediva hair clips.
Tdiscadmiral - Sleeps bare Yingfa on nights before swim workouts. Hewants to become one with the Yingfa before swimming. Each morning wakeshe says "Good morning Mr. Yingfa."

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Finishing races is important, but racing is more important." -Dale Earnhardt

2 comments:

  1. Great Blogg guys!! Keep up the great team morale, you guys seem to really work together as a team. I'm impressed with your brutal honesty and compliments towards each other!! I was wondering if I could order a pair of ellediva hairclips?? I have an outfit that they would match perfectly with!
    I can;t wait until your next race to see what the Big 4 are up to. Keep pumpin' iron boys!
    love your biggest fan!!
    Katey Kat...meow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Big Boys!
    Love the blog! One question....Is tdisckree single?
    Mildred Williams

    ReplyDelete